Software Engineer - Senior Product Backend
Iterable, San Francisco
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for two years running, Wealthfront ranked us #6 on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List, we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 1000, and we host Activate, a global growth marketing conference series where innovative marketers around the world come to share ideas. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London.
Making our platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. As a Product Engineer at Iterable, you'll have the opportunity to build our platform from the ground up, making it highly usable and enjoyable for marketers. This will include design abstractions, APIs, and systems to power our next-generation, massively-scalable platform. We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture, here’s more information on our engineering culture, values, and interviewing process.
- Own the back-end of the product with a huge amount of autonomy
- Build and design new modular, reusable components and features
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- Experience with server-side MVC web frameworks
- Expert knowledge of Scala and/or Java
- Experience with the AWS stack
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Redis, Postgres, and RabbitMQ
- Experience with functional programming and the JVM
- Experience with Bash scripting and Unix-based systems
- Experience working on a large-scale production web application
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Experience with large scale performance testing
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and statistics
- Able to mentor teammates and lead initiatives
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Generous monthly Employee Wellness Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 1/08/2020
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.