Senior Software Engineer - Product Backend
Iterable, San Francisco
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app, and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for three years running and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront ranked us in the top 10 on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. Lastly, we have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London.
Product Engineering at Iterable is responsible for the core platform used by our growing customer base. Making this platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. Our Engineering team works closely with Product and Design to bring next-generation marketing solutions to our massively-scalable platform. We believe in building an engineering culture guided by our company values which you can learn more about here.
One of our core values is Growth Mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can continuously learn. If this is an idea that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
- Own the back-end of the product with a huge amount of autonomy
- Design and build key products and solutions for a platform that reaches millions of users
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
- Identify areas of improvement and champion solutions within Product Engineering
- Mentor and guide team members
- Previous experience with server-side MVC web frameworks
- Relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (ideally Scala and/or Java)
- A desire to be part of a values-driven Engineering team
- Passion for learning -- always improving yourself and the team around you
Our Technology Stack:
- Programming Language: Scala
- Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis
- Infrastructure: RabbitMQ, Pulsar, AWS
- Other Relevant Technologies: Docker / Kubernetes, React
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Elasticsearch and other relevant technologies
- Experience with large scale performance testing
- Experience with functional programming and the JVM
Perks & Benefits:
- Parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Generous monthly Employee Wellness Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 7/24/2020
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one