Software Engineer - DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution — Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV and hundreds of companies like Spotify, Zillow, DoorDash, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
It’s a very exciting time to join the team as Iterable has recently been recognized as one of 2018's Best Places to Work, we’ve been in the top 20 companies on the SaaS 1000, and held our first customer conference which was a sell-out success. We are excited to open our third office in the US - San Francisco, New York, and now Denver.
We serve large enterprise customers and keeping our platform highly reliable, running at high performance and secure is extremely important. You will work on a highly-scalable service that is built on cutting-edge technologies. We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll ship features your first day here. One of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic.
- Design and implement monitoring, logging, and deployment systems at scale
- Make thoughtful decisions on how to best improve developer operations
- Help scale our infrastructure to handle high QPS loads
- Be the point person for site and service reliability
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years development experience with back-end technology
- Strong interest in the performance bottlenecks of software engineering teams
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
You might work on:
- Containerizing various services for deployment and packaging
- Design and implement a continuous deployment system
- Scaling our various datastores
- Experience with Java and Scala
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Zookeeper, Docker, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- Experience with Azure, Cloud, or AWS
- Experience with Vagrant, Boto, Fabric, New Relic, or Logstash
- Experience dealing with APIs and third party services
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Employee Wellness Allowance of $160/month
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 10/24/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
QA Engineer / Senior QA Engineer, Automation
Project Manager - Big Data
MoneyLion, Kuala Lumpur
Software Engineering Manager, Core Infrastructure
BuzzFeed, New York
Software Engineer Intern - Mobile
Squarespace, New York, NY
Lead Software Engineer - Product Security
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada