Software Engineer - DevOps/Infrastructure
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing and user engagement platform. Our mission is to enable B2C marketers, giving them access to the growth marketing and user engagement tools built at companies like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV and hundreds of companies like AT&T, MLB, Zillow, Box, FabFitFun, and ASICS rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
It’s a very exciting time to join the team as Iterable has recently been recognized as one of 2018's Best Places to Work, we’ve been in the top 20 companies on the SaaS 1000 for 3 quarters in a row, and held our first customer conference which was a sell-out success. At Activate, we launched two important new products -- Iterable Intelligence Suite (AI) and Iterable Insights.
We serve large enterprise customers and keeping our platform highly reliable, running at high performance and secure is extremely important. You will work on a highly-scalable service that is built on cutting-edge technologies.
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll ship features your first day here. One of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic.
- Design and implement monitoring, logging, and deployment systems at scale
- Make thoughtful decisions on how to best improve developer operations
- Help scale our infrastructure to handle high QPS loads
- Be the point person for site and service reliability
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong interest in the performance bottlenecks of software engineering teams
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Containerizing various services for deployment and packaging
- Design and implement a continuous deployment system
- Scaling our various datastores
- Experience with Java and Scala
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Zookeeper, Docker, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- Experience with Vagrant, Boto, Fabric, New Relic, or Logstash
- Experience dealing with APIs and third-party services
Iterable is a growth marketing and user engagement platform. B2C marketers use us to send the right message, to the right device, at the right time. Our product gives marketers very sophisticated tools that are easy to use and that work across all marketing channels, including email, push notifications, SMS and more.
Why is this a great opportunity? Because this is a huge market (every single B2C company should be using a tool like Iterable) that is filled with products/technologies that were built over a decade ago (and it shows). Iterable is growing very quickly and delighting its customers with a platform that is easy to integrate and use, works seamlessly across all marketing channels, and scales to hundreds of millions of users.
At Iterable we take our work environment and culture very seriously. Here's what makes us different:
- We are all very focused on self-improvement
- We have egalitarian and transparent values
- We are chill and empathetic people
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 06/29/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Development Engineer, Customer Service and Tools
Android Framework Engineer
Peloton, New York, NY
Back End Developer
Software QA Engineer
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
Machine Learning Engineer
Schibsted, Oslo, Stockholm
Ruby Developer - Content