Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing and user engagement platform. Our mission is to enable B2C marketers, giving them access to the growth marketing and user engagement tools built at companies like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and companies like Zillow, DoorDash, Yelp, and Box rely on us to captivate their millions of users. We recently passed the 100 employee mark, and we’re the fastest growing SaaS company on the SaaS 1000, so it’s a very exciting time to join the team!
We serve large and small companies spanning many different industries and have the opportunity to analyze large and diverse data sets. You will be building end-to-end Machine Learning systems, and have autonomy to design and build the systems and models that power our ML products. You’ll also get to empower and inform the decision and policies we adopt as a company.
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll ship features your first day here. You'll get to work on what you like (we practice open allocation) and one of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic.
- Research, design, and build machine learning models
- Develop the core decisioning service supporting our machine learning models in production
- Work closely with the Iterable engineering team to improve our machine learning infrastructure and data quality
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses; your analyses will decide which policies we adopt, where we expand our business, and whom our partners will be
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, machine learning models and data analysis
- Deep understanding of both supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Experience with building end-to-end machine learning systems in production
- Strong proficiency writing production-quality code
- Experience handling large-scale data, big data platforms, and distributed systems
YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Design a data pipeline to make it easy to implement and test new models
- Work with other engineers to design and build a feature server
- Implement a feature to optimize send times for outgoing message campaigns
- Benchmark and improve our multi-armed bandit implementation
- Build tools to visualize and debug various features and models
Iterable is a growth marketing and user engagement platform. B2C marketers use us to send the right message, to the right device, at the right time. Our product gives marketers very sophisticated tools that are easy to use and that work across all marketing channels, including email, push notifications, SMS and more.
Why is this a great opportunity? Because this is a huge market (every single B2C company should be using a tool like Iterable) that is filled with products/technologies that were built over a decade ago (and it shows). Iterable is growing very quickly and delighting its customers with a platform that is easy to integrate and use, works seamlessly across all marketing channels, and scales to hundreds of millions of users.
At Iterable we take our work environment and culture very seriously. Here's what makes us different:
- We are all very focused on self-improvement
- We have egalitarian and transparent values
- We are chill and empathetic people
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 02/27/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Developer (m/w)
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Internal Infrastructure Lead (m/f)
Senior Test Engineer - Battery Systems
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Sr. Audio DSP Algorithm Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Back End Engineer