Software Engineer - Machine Learning Engineer
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution — Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV and hundreds of companies like AT&T, MLB, Zillow, Box, FabFitFun, and ASICS rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
It’s a very exciting time to join the team as Iterable has recently been recognized as one of 2018's Best Places to Work, we’ve been in the top 20 companies on the SaaS 1000, and held our first customer conference which was a sell-out success. We are excited to open our third office in the US - San Francisco, New York, and now Denver.
We serve large and small companies spanning many different industries and have the opportunity to analyze large and diverse data sets. You will be building end-to-end Machine Learning systems, and have autonomy to design and build the systems and models that power our ML products. You’ll also get to empower and inform the decision and policies we adopt as a company.
- Research, design and build machine learning models
- Develop the core decisioning service supporting our machine learning models in production
- Work closely with the Iterable engineering team to improve our machine learning infrastructure and data quality
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses; your analyses will decide which policies we adopt, where we expand our business, and whom our partners will be
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, machine learning models and data analysis
- Deep understanding of both supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Experience with building end-to-end machine learning systems in production
- Strong proficiency writing production-quality code
- Experience handling large scale data, big data platforms, and distributed systems
You Might Work On:
- Design a data pipeline to make it easy to implement and test new models
- Work with other engineers to design and build a feature server
- Implement a feature to optimize send times for outgoing message campaigns
- Benchmark and improve our multi-armed bandit implementation
- Build tools to visualize and debug various features and models
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Employee Wellness Allowance of $160/month
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 09/21/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer: Product Infrastructure
Oscar, New York, NY
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (EMEA)
Software Engineer, Identity
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Ad Relevance
Instacart, San Francisco
Back End Engineer
Knewton, New York, NY