Software Engineer - Product/Full Stack
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that powers true omni-channel relevance at scale. Our mission is enabling B2C marketers to leverage their customer data in real-time to create relevant, personalized messages across all channels. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success.
We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and companies like Zillow, DoorDash, Yelp, and Box rely on us to captivate their millions of users. We recently passed the 100 employee mark and we’ve been in the top 20 companies on the SaaS 1000, for 3 quarters in a row. It’s a very exciting time to join the team!
Making our platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer Engineer at Iterable, you'll have the opportunity to build our platform from the ground up, making it highly usable and enjoyable for marketers. This will include design abstractions, APIs, and systems to power our next-generation, massively-scalable platform.
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll ship features your first day here. You'll get to work on what you like (we practice open allocation) and one of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic.
- Own the front-end and back-end of the product with a huge amount of autonomy
- Build and design new modular, reusable components and features
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and front-end performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of AngularJS
- Experience with server-side MVC web frameworks
- Expert knowledge of Scala and/or Java
- Experience with the AWS stack
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Redis, Postgres, and RabbitMQ
- Experience with functional programming and the JVM
- Experience with Bash scripting and Unix-based systems
- Experience working on a large-scale production web application
- Experience with common JS libraries and modern build tools
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Experience with testing frameworks (Selenium, Protractor or Karma)
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems and statistics
Iterable is a growth marketing and user engagement platform. B2C marketers use us to send the right message, to the right device, at the right time. Our product gives marketers very sophisticated tools that are easy to use and that work across all marketing channels, including email, push notifications, SMS and more.
Why is this a great opportunity? Because this is a huge market (every single B2C company should be using a tool like Iterable) that is filled with products/technologies that were built over a decade ago (and it shows). Iterable is growing very quickly and delighting its customers with a platform that is easy to integrate and use, works seamlessly across all marketing channels, and scales to hundreds of millions of users.
At Iterable we take our work environment and culture very seriously. Here's what makes us different:
- We are all very focused on self-improvement
- We have egalitarian and transparent values
- We are chill and empathetic people
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 03/22/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Data Engineer
Faraday Future, Hanford, CA
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps)
Teads, Montpellier, Paris
Senior Software Engineer, Customers, Front End
Instacart, San Francisco
Parsley Health, New York
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Addepar, New York, NY