Software Engineer - Product/Full Stack
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. An integrated, cross-channel solution—built for marketers, trusted by engineers, designed with intelligence.We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV and hundreds of companies like AT&T, MLB, Zillow, Box, FabFitFun, and ASICS rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
It’s a very exciting time to join the team as Iterable has recently been recognized as one of 2018's Best Places to Work, we’ve been in the top companies on the SaaS 1000, and held our first customer conference which was a sell-out success.
The mission of Product teams at Iterable is to provide direct value to our customers by designing, implementing and maintaining features for the Iterable platform. Product teams build the entire experience of the Iterable platform, including the API, the UI, the workflow engines, campaign managers, reporting and analytics, and more.
Product teams are composed of both front-end engineers and full-stack engineers, and work closely with Product Managers and Designers to both understand what problems need solving, as well as collaborate on creative solutions that meet and exceed expectations. The composition of product teams makes them self-sufficient so that they are able to collaborate and deliver work autonomously.
Why this is an exciting opportunity:
- You’ll build and maintain services in Scala and the Play framework.
- You’ll work with very large Elasticsearch clusters.
- Iterable was built from the ground up with scalability in mind, and you’ll get to work on taking it to the next level.
- The Iterable application is mature software. You’ll have an impact in evolving its architecture as we grow the team and scale our customer base.
- You’ll participate in code review and ship code on a daily basis.
Technical tools & abilities include:
- Scala and Java
- Play framework
- Postgres, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Bash scripting and Unix-based systems
- Our front end is being transitioned from AngularJS to React and in this role you are encouraged to make minor changes to the front end.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Continuously want to teach and learn
- Are a clear communicator and collaborate well in a team setting.
- Have experience building and scaling web applications.
- Have experience with distributed systems.
- Are able to own back-end of an app, and make minor contributions to the front-end.
- Understand the importance of an incident retrospective and can’t wait to learn root causes.
- Know the effects of noisy alerts and work hard to minimize pager fatigue.
- Have dealt with system outages, and can help remain grounded and focused to come to resolution.
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 07/30/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
QA Engineer - Money
Heetch, Remote - Anywhere in Europe
Senior Growth Engineer
Amplitude, San Francisco
Senior iOS Engineer
Gametime, San Francisco, CA
Security Operations Engineer - Logging/Splunk
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Kraken Exchange, Remote
Director of Technical Operations
TCGplayer, Atlanta, GA