Software Engineer - Systems/Infrastructure
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing and user engagement platform. Our mission is to enable B2C marketers, giving them access to the growth marketing and user engagement tools built at companies like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and companies like Zillow, DoorDash, Yelp, and Box rely on us to captivate their millions of users. We recently passed the 100 employee mark, and we’re the fastest growing SaaS company on the SaaS 1000, so it’s a very exciting time to join the team!
As a Software Engineer working on Systems and Infrastructure at Iterable, you'll have the opportunity to build our platform from the ground up. This will include designing abstractions, APIs, and systems to power our next-generation, massively-scalable growth platform. We are heavy users of the JVM, and run many Scala services
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll ship features your first day here. You'll get to work on what you like (we practice open allocation) and one of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic.
- Own the backend and systems infrastructure of the application
- Design and build out new features and services
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with a small and nimble engineering team
- Participate in code reviews
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of Scala and/or Java
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in engineering and running distributed systems
- Experience with functional programming and the JVM
- Experience with Bash scripting and Unix-based systems
- Passion for learning and a team player
YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Identifying resource usage and designing solutions to scale a multi-tenant system
- Scaling the API servers to high QPS loads, while maintaining system integrity
- Building internal tools to improve monitoring
Iterable is a growth marketing and user engagement platform. B2C marketers use us to send the right message, to the right device, at the right time. Our product gives marketers very sophisticated tools that are easy to use and that work across all marketing channels, including email, push notifications, SMS and more.
Why is this a great opportunity? Because this is a huge market (every single B2C company should be using a tool like Iterable) that is filled with products/technologies that were built over a decade ago (and it shows). Iterable is growing very quickly and delighting its customers with a platform that is easy to integrate and use, works seamlessly across all marketing channels, and scales to hundreds of millions of users.
At Iterable we take our work environment and culture very seriously. Here's what makes us different:
- We are all very focused on self-improvement
- We have egalitarian and transparent values
- We are chill and empathetic people
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 02/27/2018
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Bonobos, New York, NY
AV Specialist (IT Helpdesk)
Specialized, Morgan Hill
**SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP** Engineering Productivity Intern
XO Group, New York
Enterprise Sales Engineer - NYC
Looker, New York