Customer Education Manager
Iterable, Denver, Colorado, United States
Captivating Customers. Fueling Growth
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for two years running and now we have made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront ranked us in the top 10 on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. Lastly, we have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London.
About The Professional Services Team (PS):
- Why we exist: To delight our customers with experiences & outcomes that maximize our ARR.
- What we do: We deliver implementation consulting services to our customers, pre-sale consulting to our prospective customers, and enablement support to our services partners.
- Who we are: We are a team of Implementation Consultants, Project Managers, Solution Architects, and (soon!) a Customer Education Manager
- How we measure success: Our Objectives and Key Results are aggressive targets focused on driving the most important results for our customers & our company: customer satisfaction, time to value, NPS, adoption of online Academy, and Net Retention Rate
- How we behave: It is critical to our success that we behave in alignment with our values: Humility, Trust, Growth Mindset, and Balance
- Who we serve: The stakeholders that we serve include our Customers, Teammates, Selves, Shareholders, and Partners.
- How we serve: The service principles that we apply when serving those stakeholders are Consultative, Accurate, Resourceful, Project Management, Proactive, Responsive, and Kind.
- Who we want to be: The vision of PS is to be a global network of Iterable team-members and partners who are domain & platform experts delivering high-value services in the areas of strategy, implementation, integration engineering, managed services, and education
About The Role:
Iterable’s Academy (online training) was launched in August of 2019 through an impressive grassroots effort. The Customer Education Manager in Professional Services is a brand new role designed to lead the customer (& partner) education services strategy that will lay the foundation for adoption, retention, expansion, and advocacy -- at scale.
Your main Key Results (KRs) will be focused on 1) customer satisfaction with Academy & education, 2) the percent of active platform users that are leveraging our Academy, and 3) the percent of customers who are certified in Academy
Strategic areas of focus will include:
- Business Model: investment, revenue & margin for a Customer Education Program (CEP)
- Organizational Design: roles, contractors, service agencies, crowdsourced content
- Cross-functional partnerships: partner with other departments to integrate CEP across the entire customer lifecycle, and in multiple channels (Academy, Marketing content, webinars, conferences, in-app, Social, etc.)
- Metrics: health of the CEP, leverage industry benchmarks, operationalize the right metrics in our systems to drive actionable insight, focus on analytics to gauge the value of CEP
- Subscription Model Definition: offerings, full-access vs premium content, public content, custom training, live, virtual, in-person, offerings for partners, train the trainer
- Pricing: base prices, virtual & onsite training, e-learning, considerations for subscription plans, training credit programs, commercial models for custom-developed training
- Content Development Trends and Strategy: best practices in content development, mobile, 3rd party distribution (e.g., LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, etc.)
- Certification Program: customers, partners, employees; leverage certification data to analyze adoption, forecast retention, identify expansion opportunities, and target potential reference accounts
- Tech Stack: LMS that will scale for our growth, the architecture of how it integrates with our other business systems, with our product, and with 3rd party systems (Social, partner systems, etc.)
Tactical areas of focus will include:
- Develop and continually hone expertise in our platform and 3rd party integrations
- Update and maintain existing Academy content with platform optimizations and UI / branding changes
- Work with Product & Marketing to implement a process to create content for all new feature releases
- Conduct weekly public training to Iterable customers, partners, employees and/or prospects
- Lead in-person training sessions at our annual conference in May (Activate)
- Partner with Sales & CS to develop one-time and recurring paid offerings for Enterprise & Strategic customers, delivering ongoing video/virtual/in-person custom training in their implementation.
- Work with PS to continually integrate more and better education content across the customer journey in order to automate onboarding and scale PS
- Identify and implement valuable non-product content/training focused on enabling growth marketers to succeed (strategy, operations, process, change management, etc.)
- Identify industry events to attend and learn about trends and innovation in ES
- Develop persona-based content & tracks
- Implement gamification to drive Academy adoption and recognize customers/partners/team members
You may be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A love of educating others so they can do their best work
- Empathy for customers, listening skills, a desire to serve, and a knack for solving problems
- Solid communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), high emotional IQ, and a drive to achieve
- Passion for the power of tech and how impactful it can be for customers’ businesses and work lives
- Thirst for knowledge, a hunger for continuous learning, and innate curiosity
- Personal success stories of building customer education programs
- An organized, detail-oriented, proactive approach to project management
- A good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at yourself
- A Bachelor’s degree (or an interesting story about why not)
- Time spent innovating operations, systems, tools, and processes
- Have experience in growth marketing operations, marketing automation, & email marketing (or don’t)
- Are familiar with Angular, Scala, and HandleBar.js (or aren’t)
- Experience implementing and optimizing a LMS
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Daily lunch stipend (M-F) + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Generous monthly Employee Wellness Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 02/04/2020
Iterable is empowering the world’s leading brands to achieve true omni-channel relevance at scale. Powered by the same technologies that propelled leaders like Twitter and Facebook in the user engagement space, we are building tools for growth marketers wishing to captivate customers with messaging that matters when it matters. Founded in 2013 by CEO Justin Zhu and Andrew Boni, Iterable is based in San Francisco and is funded by Index Ventures, CRV and other top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
Want to learn more about Iterable? Visit Iterable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Performance Improvement & Restructuring, Vice President
Accordion Partners, Dallas