Senior Data Engineer
Jampp, Buenos Aires or Córdoba, Argentina
Mobile App Engagement, Retargeting, & User Acquisition
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to create Jampp’s next-generation data infrastructure using Kafka and AWS Kinesis.
The main challenge of this team is to build real-time data pipelines capable of handling over 1 billion events daily and help to scale our machine learning infrastructure.
If you have strong developing skills in Python, Go or Scala and you feel challenged to work in a fast paced environment, you might be the new Jampper we are looking for
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the development of Jampp's data infrastructure by designing and building scalable distributed data processing systems.
- Design and implement ETL processes from a wide variety of sources.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to design and maintain scalable data models and their associated data pipelines.
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python, Go or Java/Scala.
- 3+ years experience designing and developing distributed systems for large-scale data processing.
- Experience using the AWS Big Data stack (Kinesis, Firehose, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, etc).
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and Presto.
- Rock-solid knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience with Docker.
- Feel very comfortable sharing knowledge and coaching more junior team members.
- Bonus: English skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with stream processing technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Flume, Flink, and Spark Streaming.
- Experience using an orchestration tool like Airflow, Luigi, and Oozie.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment. A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💻Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- 🍿Coffee, loads of snacks and a fridge full of drinks!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities. Did we mention an annual off-site?
WHO WE ARE
Jampp is the programmatic platform of choice for the fastest growing on-demand companies worldwide.
In 2013, we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising and wanted to change it, somehow. We built a suite of growth products that unlock programmatic advertising for some of the biggest names in mobile (like Uber, Rappi, iFood, & Postmates to name a few).
We solve the most complex and large-scale technological challenges on mobile advertising today. Jampp handles over 50 billion ad requests and process 100 terabytes a day, across three global data centers. We rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 1ms.
We’re a team of builders - engineers, data architects, designers, and entrepreneurs - who love what we do.
We serve a global customer base from our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, São Paulo, Singapore, and Buenos Aires.
This is an on-site position in Buenos Aires, Argentina or Córdoba, Argentina.
Our Story In 2013 we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising, and wanted to change all that, somehow. It took us a year to build Jampp. What we recognized back then resides at the core of everything we do today: real value in this industry is derived from long-lasting app customers, and nothing else. While companies flocked to sell app installs, we designed our infrastructure and technology with a single mission in mind - to help companies boost their mobile sales. Today Jampp uses advanced developments like Predictive Bidding to serve a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Cape Town and Buenos Aires. We are a diverse team of 80 people with backgrounds spanning Engineering to Economics, delivering sales and engagement to the world’s fastest growing app companies.
Want to learn more about Jampp? Visit Jampp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Test Engineering Lead (Chefs Plate)
Head of Design
Senior Cloud Project and Engagement Manager (m/f)
Android Framework Software Engineer
Sr. DevOps Engineer
White Ops, New York City
Security Monitoring and Incident Response Manager
Segment, San Francisco, CA