WHO WE ARE
Jampp is a performance marketing platform for retargeting mobile customers. The platform combines behavioral data with predictive and programmatic technology to generate revenue for our customers by showing personal, relevant ads that inspire consumers to to be active in their favorites apps more often.
Short version: we are a team of +90 mobile specialists, using data to build unique products used by the fastest growing global app-driven businesses.
Our challenges span many technologies, from an extremely scalable and highly available platform to big data tools that allow us to manage the big stream of data we have: We manage hundreds of instances buying impressions in a global market 24x7 with datacenters in 3 continents, processing 150 TB daily, 850K QPS and 55+ billion in-app events per month. In order to pick the best ads and show them to the right people at the right time, we rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 1ms.
Jampp serves a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Singapore, Cape Town and Buenos Aires.
This is an on-site position in Buenos Aires, Argentina or Córdoba, Argentina.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who likes working with large amount of data to work on a team that builds real-time data pipelines, capable of handling over 1 billion events daily and help to scale our machine learning infrastructure.
If you are a strong developer with some knowledge in Python, Go or Scala and you would like to master those skills in a fast-paced environment full of technological challenges, you might be the new Jampper we are looking for.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the development of Jampp's data infrastructure by building high-quality components for distributed data processing systems.
- Design and implement ETL (extract, transform, and load) processes from a wide variety of sources.
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python, Go or Java/Scala.
- 1+ years experience with databases and SQL.
- Rock-solid foundations in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, optimization) and Software Engineering (OOP design, microservices architectures, etc).
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Aptitude to learn a lot about state-of-the-art data processing technologies.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience using the AWS Big Data stack (Kinesis, Firehose, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, etc).
- Experience using an orchestration tool like Airflow, Luigi, and Oozie.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and Presto.
- Experience with stream processing technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Flume, Flink, and Spark Streaming.
- Experience using Docker.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 🤓 Continuous training with a supportive team. We win together.
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- 🍿Coffee, loads of snacks and a fridge full of drinks!
- A guaranteed Global Environment! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇫🇷🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities. Did we mention an annual off-site?
Our Story In 2013 we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising, and wanted to change all that, somehow. It took us a year to build Jampp. What we recognized back then resides at the core of everything we do today: real value in this industry is derived from long-lasting app customers, and nothing else. While companies flocked to sell app installs, we designed our infrastructure and technology with a single mission in mind - to help companies boost their mobile sales. Today Jampp uses advanced developments like Predictive Bidding to serve a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Cape Town and Buenos Aires. We are a diverse team of 80 people with backgrounds spanning Engineering to Economics, delivering sales and engagement to the world’s fastest growing app companies.
Want to learn more about Jampp? Visit Jampp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hotstar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
TALA, Santa Monica
Director, Homes Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Application Sales Engineer
Technical Product Manager - Software Operations
Staff AI Engineer
SmartThings, Mountain View, CA