Machine Learning Engineer
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mobile App Engagement, Retargeting, & User Acquisition
Jampp is looking for an outstanding machine learning developer in Argentina who can join to a top-notch team in charge of one of the most important and critical part of our Architecture. The machine learning platform is a module of our bidder, responsible for predicting in less than 20 milliseconds which banner and price should we bid for a given auction. These predictions are a key success factor of Jampp economics and our client mobile applications performance.
As a member of this team you'll be in charge of all aspects of your project--you'll figure out how it should be architected, pick the best machine learning tools/frameworks, write the code, and make sure that loose ends are tied up.
If you enjoy coding super scalable machine learning solutions, incorporating them into the reference architecture’s design and implementation, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. We’re highly collaborative, make decisions in minutes, and ship features in hours.
What You'll Do
- Design, code and deploy highly scalable features (mostly in Python) from a massive machine learning system that powers our economic module
- Visualize key statistical concepts of underlying models and its performance
- Evaluate different statistical models taking into consideration trade-off between model improvements vs scalability
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments
- Code deliverables in tandem with the rest of the tech team
- Work in a self-sufficient, autonomous manner, striving through ambiguity
- Learn and teach about state of the art computational statistics techniques
- Excellent engineering and coding skills. (Hands on programmer, not a data analyst)
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in one or more of these languages C/C++, Java, Scala or Python
- Experience in implementing large scale systems in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Good SQL and databases knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Experience with stream processing technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Flume, Storm, Spark Streaming
- Be familiar with big data tools like Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach
- Ultra passionate about startups. Thrive in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
- Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without any limitations
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment. Your work will be seen daily by thousands of people
- An entrepreneurial environment with a competitive salary
- Coffee, loads of snacks and a fridge full of drinks.
Our Story In 2013 we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising, and wanted to change all that, somehow. It took us a year to build Jampp. What we recognized back then resides at the core of everything we do today: real value in this industry is derived from long-lasting app customers, and nothing else. While companies flocked to sell app installs, we designed our infrastructure and technology with a single mission in mind - to help companies boost their mobile sales. Today Jampp uses advanced developments like Predictive Bidding to serve a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Cape Town and Buenos Aires. We are a diverse team of 80 people with backgrounds spanning Engineering to Economics, delivering sales and engagement to the world’s fastest growing app companies.
Want to learn more about Jampp? Visit Jampp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Sales Engineer
Twilio, Hong Kong
Sr. Software Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Visa, Austin TX, US
Software Development Manager
ShopKeep, ShopKeep Headquarters
Senior C++ Engineer
Frontend DevOps Engineer
Kraken Exchange, Remote - North America
Business Systems Analyst - Customer Success and Business Analytics
Box, Redwood City Office