Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mobile App Engagement, Retargeting, & User Acquisition
Jampp is a performance marketing platform for retargeting mobile customers. We combine behavioral data with predictive and programmatic technology to generate revenue for advertisers by showing personal, relevant ads that inspire consumers to use their favorite apps more often.
Short version: we are a team of +80 very passionate mobile specialists, using data to build unique products used by the fastest growing global app driven businesses. And we are looking for a Data Developer.You'll be in charge of all aspects of your project--you'll figure out how it should be architected, pick the best tools/frameworks, write the code, and make sure that loose ends are tied up. Your job will involve developing data processing systems to manage data generated by our Real-time Bidding platform and tracking and analytics platforms which generate more than 20 TB per day.
Our challenges span many technologies, from a extremely scalable and highly available platform to big data tools that allow us to manage the big stream of data we have. To give you an idea, we manage hundreds of instances buying impressions in a global market 24x7 with datacenters in 3 continents, processing 150 TB daily, 850K QPS and 55+ billion in-app events per month. In order to pick the best ads and show them to the right people at the right time, we rely in real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 1ms.
We strongly believe in team chemistry and have a lot of fun building a world-class company. If you are passionate about growth and innovation, then come to revolutionize the mobile advertising technology space with us.
This position will be based in our Buenos Aires office.
What You'll Do
- Manage the full life-cycle of a Big Data solution from creating the requirements analysis to the platform selection and deployment of the proposed solution.
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Design and implement processes to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of sources (relational, NoSQL, web services, flat files)
- Work with data scientists to develop a scalable data platform
- Keep our data structured in a way that makes regular analysis easy and flexible
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- +2 years experience participating in projects that involved large-scale data processing
- Strong SQL programming
- Good knowledge of Linux administration (grep/sed/find, CRON, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop, Java/Scala and large-scale data processing technologies
- Experience with AWS (Elastic Map Reduce, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Love to use and develop open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark.
- Experience with stream processing technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Flume, Storm, Spark Streaming.
- Experience implementing Lambda Architecture style systems.
- Comfortable with basic concepts related to Data warehousing and OLAP.
- Strong scripting abilities.
- JVM experience preferred.
- Rigor in A/B testing, automated testing, and engineering best practices.
- Ultra passionate about startups. Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- ✈️A structured onboarding that will make you an outstanding expert on mobile growth, app retargeting and all things programmatic.
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment with a competitive salary.
- 🤓 Ongoing training and a supportive team. We win together.
- 🍿Coffee, loads of snacks and a fridge full of drinks!
- Lots of Jampp t-shirts
- Did we mention an annual off-site?
Our Story In 2013 we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising, and wanted to change all that, somehow. It took us a year to build Jampp. What we recognized back then resides at the core of everything we do today: real value in this industry is derived from long-lasting app customers, and nothing else. While companies flocked to sell app installs, we designed our infrastructure and technology with a single mission in mind - to help companies boost their mobile sales. Today Jampp uses advanced developments like Predictive Bidding to serve a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Cape Town and Buenos Aires. We are a diverse team of 80 people with backgrounds spanning Engineering to Economics, delivering sales and engagement to the world’s fastest growing app companies.
Want to learn more about Jampp? Visit Jampp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Solution Architect
Zuora, San Mateo
Freelance - Translation analyst [English to Dutch]
Unbabel, Remote - Freelance
Instructor - Part Time Data Science
General Assembly, Sydney
Data Scientist / Machine Learning Specialist
AKQA, Venice, Italy
Financial Analyst/Data Analyst
Amenity Analytics, New York, NY