Senior Data Scientist
Jampp, Argentina - Remote
Mobile App Engagement, Retargeting, & User Acquisition
Jampp is looking for a Senior Data Scientists who can help us identify the questions we should be asking, and answer them.
You should love clever analysis and get excited about elegance in experimental design. We believe in end-to-end ownership of projects. For any given project, we have one person on point. While you do not necessarily have to do all the work by yourself, it is your job to make sure all the work gets done. As part of our data team you will work relentlessly to gain insights on all aspects of the mobile landscape by mining gigabytes of data.
Jampp is the growth platform of choice for on-demand apps worldwide: we unlock programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, the technical challenges we face every day are huge: from processing over 1 million auctions per second in less than 40ms each, to efficiently storing over 150TB of events’ data daily, to continuously choosing the optimal price level for 300+ campaigns spending several million dollars every month in a constantly changing market, there’s never a boring day at Jampp!
Jampp is a remote-first company. For this position, it means that you can work remotely from any part of Latam.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform rigorous analysis to discover the important questions that Jampp should be asking, and then answer them with data
- Design and implement processes to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of sources (relational, NoSQL, web services, flat files)
- Keep our data structured in a way that makes regular analysis easy and flexible
- Identify useful metrics, and set up graphs and reports to track these metrics
- Design and run your own experiments 🔬
- Work in a self-sufficient, autonomous manner and striving through ambiguity
- Evangelize data within the company
- Demonstrate proficiency with your environment of choice (R, Julia, Python, etc)
- Have a broad understanding of experimental design and interpretation of results
- Be comfortable writing well-structured, production-ready code to support your work
- Experience in data munging, analysis, and statistical treatment
- 💙 Passion - you have used a data-driven approach to solve a problem you care about
- Relevant experience in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
- Highly detailed-oriented and exceptional organisational and follow-through skills a must
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 👩⚕️High quality medical care
- 🤰🏻Extended Maternity/Paternity leaves
- 🌴 Extended holidays every year
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪An entrepreneurial environment.
- 🧑💻 A dynamic remote-first work culture with the possibility of accessing coworking spaces as needed.
- 🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together!
- Work with a talented global team that you can constantly learn from! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities (even when working from home!)
Our Story In 2013 we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising, and wanted to change all that, somehow. It took us a year to build Jampp. What we recognized back then resides at the core of everything we do today: real value in this industry is derived from long-lasting app customers, and nothing else. While companies flocked to sell app installs, we designed our infrastructure and technology with a single mission in mind - to help companies boost their mobile sales. Today Jampp uses advanced developments like Predictive Bidding to serve a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Cape Town and Buenos Aires. We are a diverse team of 80 people with backgrounds spanning Engineering to Economics, delivering sales and engagement to the world’s fastest growing app companies.
Want to learn more about Jampp? Visit Jampp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.