Junior Software Engineer
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mobile App Engagement, Retargeting, & User Acquisition
WHO WE ARE
Jampp is a performance marketing platform for retargeting mobile customers. The platform combines behavioral data with predictive and programmatic technology to generate revenue for our customers by showing personal, relevant ads that inspire consumers to be active in their favorites apps more often.
Short version: we are a team of +90 mobile specialists, using data to build unique products used by the fastest growing global app-driven businesses.
Our challenges span many technologies, from an extremely scalable and highly available platform to big data tools that allow us to manage the big stream of data we have: We manage hundreds of instances buying impressions in a global market 24x7 with datacenters in 3 continents, processing 150 TB daily, 850K QPS and 55+ billion in-app events per month. In order to pick the best ads and show them to the right people at the right time, we rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 1ms.
Jampp serves a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Singapore, Cape Town, and Buenos Aires.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for smart Junior Software Engineers with previous experience or insane desire to learn, capable and passionate about technology.
Our challenges span many technologies, from extremely performant and scalable code to big data tools that allow us to manage the big stream of data we have. We work in small teams that build reliable, fast and beautiful software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the latest open-source projects for extreme scale
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily talented (and small) team of data scientists and engineers
- Learn, learn and learn.
- Computer Science or related technical field graduate, or close to graduation.
- At most 2 years of work experience.
- Database knowledge, PostgreSQL is a plus
- A passion for beautiful and pragmatic code
- You know and can admit when something is not great, even recognizing when something you've done needs improvement
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach
NICE TO HAVE
- Some knowledge or achademical experience in large-scale distributed systems and AWS services (Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, etc.)
- Fluent English
TOOLS WE LIKE
We don’t confine ourselves to a single programming language. We believe in using the best tool for the job while maintaining a slight bias toward the tools the team knows the best.
- Python and Go
- MySQL, Postgres, and NoSQL databases in general
- Memcached and Redis
- Python data stack (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks)
- Amazon Web Services
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 🤓 Continuous training with a supportive team. We win together.
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- 🍿Coffee, loads of snacks and a fridge full of drinks!
- A guaranteed Global Environment! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇫🇷🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities. Did we mention an annual off-site?
Our Story In 2013 we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising, and wanted to change all that, somehow. It took us a year to build Jampp. What we recognized back then resides at the core of everything we do today: real value in this industry is derived from long-lasting app customers, and nothing else. While companies flocked to sell app installs, we designed our infrastructure and technology with a single mission in mind - to help companies boost their mobile sales. Today Jampp uses advanced developments like Predictive Bidding to serve a global client base from offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, São Paulo, Cape Town and Buenos Aires. We are a diverse team of 80 people with backgrounds spanning Engineering to Economics, delivering sales and engagement to the world’s fastest growing app companies.
Want to learn more about Jampp? Visit Jampp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Graphics Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Scala, Spark)
Nortal, U.S., Kirkland, WA
Front End Developer
Nobul, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Infrastructure Engineer - Data Center
GitHub, Remote - US
App Annie, Beijing
Box, Redwood City, CA