Senior Software Engineer, DevOps - Dublin, Ireland
Building a better shopping experience.
You'll be responsible for the design and deployment procedures of Jet's cloud offerings in collaboration with fellow software engineers.
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About the Job
- We are looking for an experienced software engineer to be the anchor member of our DevOps team.
- We use Microsoft Azure as our cloud delivery platform, While we have a good foundation of infrastructure as code/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, we need to invest more in our platform to support the growing team and to ensure stability of our services, which are now depended on by millions.
- We embrace continuous delivery; our servers usually get deployed about 50 times per day in multiple regions and our apps are pushed to lower environments after every commit. We are responsible for ensuring high availability and low latency for the billions of HTTP requests/events we receive every day.
There is a lot to do and a lot of leeway to define a roadmap, but among other things, We would expect you to:
- Automate everything! Especially in Azure- Build Platform Tools and Dashboards
- Create and execute forward looking technology roadmap (We love DCOS & Docker)
- Keep up with industry trends to ensure we are using the best tools and services
- Own and improve our integration, deployment and monitoring story
- Work closely with developers to solve systems problems.- Contribute on a daily basis to code base- Manage Pager Duty
- Collaborate with security team to deliver world class software.
- Help build a great company
Skills & Requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with managing cloud delivery platforms, Azure/AWS/GCE
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model.
- Hands on experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc). We use Ansible.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server is a plus)
- Working knowledge of running and tuning applications in production
- Hands on experience with build tools and the Git version control system
- Hands on experience with Docker
- Experience of working in Agile/SCRUM teams.
- Attention to detail in their code and output
Technologies We Use
Microsoft Azure, Mesos, Marathon, Docker, F#, Golang, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Packer, Vagrant, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, EventStore, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, New Relic, Splunk, Nagios, PagerDuty
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA