We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our infrastructure is largely built on Microsoft Windows. We have a hybrid configuration with on premise servers and cloud based servers using Microsoft Azure with a large number of additional technologies and middleware. We support three warehouses, a call center, corporate headquarters, and the development environment in the cloud. Our team uses a mix of Windows, Apple, and some Linux for our systems management platforms and cutting edge network equipment. About 50% of the development platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows.
Jet is building an elite information security team and is looking for a strong hands-on Security Engineer. You will be a key member of the security team and will be responsible for a wide range of security projects focused on advanced defense and detection capabilities.
At Jet you will be a hands on self-starter with extraordinary technical skills. As a Jet security engineer, you will work with new technology and implement security solutions to improve Jet's security posture. Your contributions will be highly valued by company leadership and you will be given the autonomy to get the job done.
If you flourish in a dynamic environment where you are implementing crucial information security defenses, then this is the job for you!
Specific responsibilities may include
- Contribute to the overall security of Jet by threat modeling and identifying security vulnerabilities and weaknesses in applications and infrastructure
- Implement security solutions for advanced endpoint malware protection, network monitoring, and threat detection
- Develop solutions to protect Jet's Microsoft Azure environment
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration tests of Jet's systems and networks.
- Design creative solutions to detect and mitigate threats using advanced monitoring and anomaly detection strategies
- Work closely with IT and DevOps to enhance security without impacting productivity
- Protect a mixed infrastructure of Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Evaluate application security tools and deploy new automation strategies to improve our detection and prevention capabilities.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Information Security
- Programming experience in Python, Bash, ASP.NET, or C
- Substantial knowledge of web application attacks and defense strategies (SQL injection, XSS cross-site scripting, CSRF, DoS, logic flaws, API attacks, etc...)
- Background in penetration testing using tools such as Nessus, Burp, Volatility Framework, Metasploit, etc.
- Detailed understanding of Windows, OS X, and Linux security
- Experience with managing endpoint and server protection technology such as anti-malware, whitelisting, and vulnerability management tools
- OSCP or related Offensive Security certifications
- Hands-on experience and working knowledge of Azure services and experience building High-Availability environments.
- Experience with Splunk or similar log management tools
- Contributions to the security community such as research, CVEs, presentations, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source, blogs or publications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with IT staff
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer (Seattle)
Airbnb, Seattle, Washington
Order Processing Associate (Part-Time), Nashville
Warby Parker, Nashville, TN
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Senior WHSOps Engineer for Big Data
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Human Resources Manager
Refinery29, New York