We're seeking an exceptional individual to join the Pricing team, where we combine an understanding of technology, economics, and customer behavior to develop dynamic pricing algorithms and create structures and incentives to cut hidden costs out of e-commerce pricing.
This role will support the Associate Director of Pricing Strategy & Analytics in managing the rules that dynamically define starting prices across Jet and Walmart.com, and will align to one of the five Retail divisions.
What you’ll be working on
- Pricing strategies: conduct analysis and partner with the Retail team to set and monitor pricing rules by category, in accordance with our margin and sales goals
- Competitive insights: scope and run tests to measure the impact of strategy changes and capture consumer feedback
- Reporting: build insightful and actionable tools to track and enhance our strategies
- Perform market and customer research to inform Jet and Walmart.com’s competitive pricing strategy
- Identify and perform analysis, collect and prepare data, and develop presentations and recommendations from our findings
- Collaborate across all levels of the Retail team to capture and implement category-specific needs in our pricing strategies, with high exposure to senior management
- Test, tweak and evolve our pricing algorithms
- Interface with Pricing product management and engineering teams to steward new features from ideation to production
You’re a risk taker, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You have a passion for working with data to deliver actionable guidance and drive business performance. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and SQL (not required, but a bonus)
- 3-6 years of experience in a highly analytical business role, including (but not limited to) consulting, banking, trading, quantitative finance, technology, retail or e-commerce
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA