Director of Marketing - Fashion (Walmart.com)
Jet, Hoboken, NJ
Building a better shopping experience.
As a Director of Marketing, you will lead a team and develop marketing for Fashion, one of our high priority lifestyle categories, for Walmart.com.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll have a unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of these nascent categories for Walmart.com.
- You’ll partner closely with the Retail GMs to grow their business. Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design).
- You will also oversee a group of individual “mini-CMO’s” assigned to each of your categories who work with the category managers on the Retail side of the business.
- Oversee the growth and development of category specific, customer-centric, lifestyle marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention, and partnership teams to bring plans to life.
- Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough, innovative marketing campaigns to drive category adoption and growth.
- Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across Walmart.com cross-functional teams.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- 10+ years in online retail and/or lifestyle marketing.
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Highly proficient in excel.
- Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand building efforts.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Lifestyle marketing/category experience a must.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
- You’re a true risk-taker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Program Manager
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Senior Frontend Engineer - Search, Learning & Intelligence
Slack, New York City
MBA Strategy Intern
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Manager, Domain Experts
Peloton, Durham, NC
Business Intelligence – Reporting Engineer
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany