Director of Marketing - Sports, Outdoor and Specialty (Walmart.com)
Jet, Hoboken, NJ
Building a better shopping experience.
As a Director of Marketing, you will partner closely with our Specialty Retail Category leaders (think strategic categories like Sporting Goods/Outdoor, Automotive, Home Improvement, and Tools to name a few) to grow their business for Walmart.com.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll have a unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of these nascent categories for Walmart.com
- You’ll obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design), acting as a “mini-CMO” of your category.
- Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with strategic vision and attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure we’re meeting business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies.
- Bridge and align marketing, retail, and on-site/mobile strategies to support overall vision for growth. Be cognizant of balance between needs of category-specific marketing, seasonal messaging, and brand-building efforts through close collaboration with marketing counterparts.
- Launch, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; execute campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); manage forecast and budget.
- Grow a deep understanding of consumer habits for your category (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your category marketing across Walmart.com cross-functional teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of Jet’s media calendar, on-site and mobile properties, and opportunities, to speak effectively to our internal and external partners to grow the business.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
We think you’d look great in purple.
- 10+ years in online retail and/or lifestyle marketing.
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Highly proficient in excel.
- Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand building efforts.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Marketing/category experience in any of these categories a must.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
- You’re a true risk-taker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA