Marketing Analytics Manager
Jet, Hoboken, NJ
Building a better shopping experience.
Marketing Analytics Manager
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet is looking for a strategic, collaborative, and highly analytical individual to join the Marketing Analytics team. Rolling up to Jet’s broader Analytics & Insights group, the Marketing Analytics team is responsible for supporting the Marketing team across a broad set of needs, to include campaign optimization, reporting/measurement/data access, and customer segmentation/insights. Our job is to help our marketers drive efficient customer acquisition and customer engagement/repeat purchase behavior. This role’s primary support will be to our Retail Marketing team, which is responsible for acquiring the right mix of customers across our major retail business lines and deepening our relationships with existing clients across categories. The Marketing Analytics Manager will be responsible for working with a Senior Analyst on the team to ensure the day-to-day analytics needs of the Retail Marketing team are met while spearheading more complex analytics and modeling work around customer insights, cross-sell/up-sell strategies, customer segmentation, and campaign/promo optimization. This role is critical to ensuring that marketing is powered by data-informed insights at both a tactical and strategic level.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical problem solver that gets excited about working with data in all capacities, and would prefer to take the pragmatic approach rather than the theoretical one. The role requires strong independent thinking skills, coupled with the ability to lead the narrative on how to approach and solve key problems the business faces daily. While strong analytical acumen is a must, the ideal candidate must also be able to communicate data and insights to business users and package ideas/results into cohesive, strategic stories. This role requires strong business acumen and the ability to get up to speed quickly on retail e-commerce dynamics.
The Marketing Analytics Manager will be responsible for:
• Providing analytics support across our Retail Marketing leads (Pet, Baby, Grocery, etc.) – including campaign promotion, segment, lifecycle and customer insights
• Guiding a junior resource to develop and maintain business performance dashboards (purchase curves, cohort performance and engagement stats, category/brand insights, etc.) to inform strategic and tactical decision-making.
• Building analytical tools that empower the marketing team to explore their most common data-related questions
• Building customer behavior models to inform the timing and content of category marketing strategies
About You – Must Have
• BA/BS degree in Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
• 4-6 years of relevant professional experience, with roles focused on hands-on data analysis responsibilities.
• High level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods, with experience in the full life cycle of a data analysis project – from scoping the objective to implementing / operationalizing results.
• Experience using common statistical modeling approaches (logistic regression, decision trees, clustering, etc.)
• Very strong SQL skills and either R or Python for advanced analysis
• Ability to distill signal from noise, and to communicate and visualize findings with non-technical stakeholders
• Proven ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, to work independently, and to drive projects to completion with minimal guidance and high attention to detail
• Comfort working cross-functionally with other teams and advocating your ideas and insights.
• Ability to navigate a rapidly growing and often fluid organization.
• Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
About You – Big Plus
• Master’s degree in Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
• Previous experience in e-commerce or retail industries
• Direct experience building customer segmentation models, churn models, and customer value models
• Experience designing and measuring marketing experiments