Senior Software Engineer, Search - Dublin, Ireland
Building a better shopping experience.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives. If you want to take on the challenge of building something amazing from the ground up, then this is the place for you.
We are looking for talented, self-driven and customer focused software engineers to join our Search and Discovery team. In this team we strive to provide our customers the most intuitive, relevant, value-driven and personalized product discovery experience by building the best in class e-commerce search engine through the use of high relevancy and scalable algorithms, high availability, low latency and fault tolerance services.
* As a Search Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the innovative search and discovery platform used to power Jet’s best-in-class shopping experience.
* You will strive to continually improve and simplify the search infrastructure, and will apply your love of tackling challenging problems to innovate on core search areas such as indexing, query execution, relevancy, predictive search, metrics tracking, maintaining 5 9s of uptime, and scaling for the future.
* You will design and code massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
* Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
* Experience writing large scalable applications
* Enjoy optimizing system performance of a large distributed system.
* Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
* Fluent in a few programming languages, functional, dynamic and static
* Open source experience a plus;
* Solr, ElasticSearch or Lucene contributor is a plus
* Experience with Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Hive or related technologies a plus
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of development experience
* 2+ years of experience in e-commerce or consumer facing web application is a plus
Our technology is the engine that gives us the power to reshape e-commerce for the better, and everyone on our tech team is trusted to keep pushing that engine to the next level. We refuse to stop innovating, because at Jet, settling for second best just isn’t how we’re built.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Solution Architect, RevPro
Zuora, San Jose, CA
Bonobos, Brooklyn, NY
Strategic Sourcing Director, Technology
Time Inc., New York, NY
Head of Internal Communications
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California