The Director for Talent Experience is responsible for Walmart’s US eCommerce end-to-end employee life-cycle experience with us. Your ultimate goal is to empower our people to do their best work.
What you’ll be working on
- Creating environments that foster collaboration
- Impacting our culture so that we may better serve our customers
- Fostering a community that allows us to win in eCommerce
- Team Leadership: Leads the Associate Experience (AX) team (approx. 20 team members, globally), including tight coordination and alignment with AX leads for the Fulfillment Centers, Member Services/Customer Care, and Dublin, Ireland technology hub. Partners closely with AX leaders in other locations to create one cohesive team across geographies, inclusive of goal, program, and metric alignment. Inspires, challenges, and coaches the team to drive high performance and create a sense of fulfillment in their work. Ensures team members understand how their work enables the business (connects with overall business objectives). Sets team priorities and facilitates goal setting (Objectives & Key Results) for the team. Develops team members and creates opportunity for exposure and growth. Evangelizes the AX brand.
- Strategy Development: Develops the AX function strategy and roadmap to deliver an amazing experience - inclusive of programs, initiatives, and ongoing team responsibilities. Builds the business case, leverages data, and prepares presentations for various efforts. Constantly works with an eye towards the future – keeps the pulse on industry trends, new technologies, and connections with the business. Applies a human-centric approach and ‘associate lens’ to strategy and program development. Leverages creativity, innovation, and diversity of thought to build the best experience possible for our associates.
- Function Management: Manages the function with an orientation towards action & results. Drives towards business outcomes and continuous improvement, including operational efficiency, budget management, sustainability, inclusion, and impact. Manages the following portfolio areas: community & inclusion, health & wellness, appreciation/recognition, strategy & operations (includes events). Supports overall engagement efforts via feedback collection and action planning.
- Partner & Stakeholder Management: Builds effective working relationships across the team and with cross-functional partners and stakeholder groups (i.e., associates, leaders, HR partners, partner organizations, community members, vendors). Leverages internal and external networks to build the team brand and collaborate for desired outcomes.
- Culture Championship: Serves as the culture steward for the team and for the US eCommerce business on the East coast. Fosters a culture of ownership where everyone contributes and takes accountability to best serve our customers. Role models company values, inclusive leadership, and change agility. Experiments, takes risks, and demonstrates resiliency.
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for workplace experience and culture. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- (Collaborative and inclusive leadership; team player who can work with multiple stakeholder groups; always thinking about how to integrate across geographies and keep associates informed
- Immersive attitude; passionate about employee happiness and culture
- Organizational savvy; ability to leverage resources and networks to drive outcomes
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities at any given time
- Results focused
- Creative and innovative thinker, ability to approach opportunities and generate ideas that inspire exciting outcomes
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Trustworthy; strong business integrity
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in program management, product management, consulting, human resources, event planning, hospitality service, or similar area
- Minimum 5 years experience leading teams
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- You’ve been a part of the creation and/or the maintenance of a best in class workplace culture
Jet is reshaping eCommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA