The Product Manager, Catalog Quality will be responsible for defining, measuring, and implementing methods to improve the quality of Jet’s catalog of product offers (the information shown to consumers to purchase an item on Jet.com). You will be responsible for defining and measuring quality across Jet’s categories of product offers.
What you’ll be working on
The ideal candidate will understand the quality of data elements like titles, images, descriptions, and other elements that create a high impact consumer experience. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining the product roadmap for catalog quality both at Jet and as part of larger efforts across Walmart’s US E-commerce properties. You will partner with many stakeholders to drive catalog quality through measurement, experimentation, and technical improvements. This role will also partner with internal Consumer and Retail Analytics teams to create quantitative frameworks for driving catalog improvements.
- Understanding the impact of content information/quality on the customer shopping experience
- Working closely across numerous stakeholders to report key metrics driving content quality
- Breaking down large data sets into understandable results to guide team roadmap
- Work collaboratively with engineers to deliver on time product features
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for to use analytics to help drive business decisions and guide product roadmaps. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- High level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods (i.e., strong Excel and SQL skills are a must, experience with other advance statistical methods is preferred but not necessary)
- Familiarity with different technologies like C#, Java, F#, Scala, Python. You will not be required to code be should be able to communicate effectively with senior engineers.
- Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creative and quick thinking can lead to a solution in hours rather than days
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously to drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree, with 2-5 years of experience managing products with complex dependencies and quantitative foundations
- Experience defining roadmaps and delivering on time product features
- Comfort with SQL, Excel, and reporting platforms like Looker (or other relevant equivalent)
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, Beltsville, MD
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Software Engineer – PHP
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
Software Engineer - Machine Learning Infrastructure
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Working Student Recipe Editor (m/f)