Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
The Digital Retoucher is a full-time position reporting to the Studio Image Editing Supervisor. The role is responsible for image editing / digital retouching. The ideal candidate is an experienced digital retoucher with a keen eye for detail and top notch photoshop skills. The role is also responsible for daily product cataloging, trafficking images, digital asset management, and general studio upkeep.
- Digitally retouch product photography using Adobe Photoshop.
- Liaison with service vendors for outsourced retouching as needed.
- Prepare images to Jet’s specifications both manually and using Photoshop actions.
- Digital asset management and trafficking.
- Work independently and in concert with Jet’s photography and merchandising teams to problem solve for unique items.
- Maintain daily workflow to ensure daily production requirements are met.
- Ensure high level of quality, consistency, and accuracy across all sets.
- Troubleshoot any retouching challenges.
- General studio upkeep, equipment maintenance and organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Photography or related field with comparable work experience.
- 3+ years digital retouching / image editing
- 1+ year working in high-volume photography environment.
- Professional retouching portfolio showcasing both catalog and editorial still life work.
- Digital Retouching
- Adobe Photoshop
- Capture One Pro a plus
- Color Management
- Mac OS
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office (Strong emphasis in Excel)
- Hardware: Wacom Tablet, Eizo Monitors, Mac, i1Display
Our compensation philosophy is simple but powerful. Give everyone a meaningful stake in the company—the purest form of ownership. That’s why on top of base salary, Jet’s comp structure is heavily weighted in equity. Our collective hard work, high performance, and tenure are rewarded as our equity builds in value.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Salaries. Real Ownership in the form of Stock Options. Unlimited Vacation. Full Healthcare Benefits. Exceptional Work Environment. Learning & Development Opportunities. Just for fun Networking & Events.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Engineer
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, California, United States
Trips / Airbnb Experiences: Freelance Photographer or Videographer
Airbnb, Mexico city, Rio, Havana
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Red Ventures, São Paulo Brazil
Senior Creative Art Director - Advertising (f/m)