You’ll be responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a department within the fulfillment center focused on ensuring Jet customers receive their orders.
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- H/She will oversee the functioning and maintenance of building systems, manage utility consumption, manage budgets, oversee compliance with state and local Health & Safety regulations, oversee procurement, and direct third-party contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Lead meetings to review service expectations, brainstorm, problem-solve, create/review lessons learned, make recommendations for process improvement, etc.
- Establish/maintain standardization and consistency with Facility Management practices.Document cost savings within the account. Coordinate Facility Management reporting.
- Specific project/tasks as requested by Client and directed by Facility Director.
- Monitor Major Vendor Relationship and bid coordination. Landlord Relationship Management.
- Oversee preparation of annual budgets.
- Oversees all activities which could impact the uptime operational posture of the facilities. Inspect structure of the building and determine if repairs are needed.
- Supervise renovations and additions as well as oversee grounds keeping.
- Evaluate and adjust energy expenditures. Install greener appliances and fixtures to reduce energy output. Advise staff on how to reduce utility bills.
- Supervise custodial staff.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years relevant facilities experience
- Warehouse industry experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with regulatory agencies (DOT, OSHA, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment
- Forklift Certified
- OSHA Safety Certified
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Revenue Strategy Lead (Americas)
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Commerce Writer, Product Labs
BuzzFeed, New York
Customer Support Representative
Evernote, Austin, TX
Platform Identity Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada
Software Engineer: Front-end (Growth)
Postmates, San Francisco
Onboarding Specialist, Customer Success
Everwise, San Francisco, CA