The Category Manager, Connected Life is responsible for evangelizing the Connected Life Category and building a Profitable Business. Connected Life is a fast-growing Vertical that encompasses several Emerging New Product Categories in the Electronics space (Smart Home, Virtual Reality, Security & Monitoring, Fitness & Wearables, Connected Auto…), that are transforming our lives and that of our Customers. You will be leading the Business Unit for one for these high-growth Categories end-to-end. By understanding the dynamics of the Industry and creating an Assortment Offering/ Shopper Experience that differentiates us, you will deliver Customer Delight! Your ultimate goal is to enable Walmart and its affiliates to take advantage of its scale and technology to establish itself in this fast-evolving space and deliver a Profitable Business.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
OWN the Category: You will be THE Primary owner of the Category across all our eCommerce brands (incl. Walmart.com, Jet.com etc.) and be responsible for Financial Performance by managing Assortment, Pricing, On-site Merchandising, Supplier Relationships
PARTNER with Support Functions: Work with Ecommerce Product, Marketing, Supply Chain and other Support Teams to Build out your Category (What to Sell, How it is Displayed, How Products are Found/Shopped, How Customers Interact with the website/app), Market it to Millions of our Customers around USA and Deliver an Outstanding Customer Experience
LEAD your Team: You will be a part of hiring, training, managing and guiding your own team of Category Experts (some fresh out of college), who will own subcategories within your particular category, enabling you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise, and manage any assortment gaps
- Own vendor relationships and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data (incl. Attributes), and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging
- Identify shopper engagement and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and Collaborate with Product/Site Merchandising teams to execute
- Collaborate with Marketing teams around Category Promotions and Messaging
- Collaborate with Planning and Supply Chain Teams to Forecast and Deliver Required Instocks
- Manage a Team of Category Specialists
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you get excited by Cool New Gadgets…(Tech-Junkies welcome!)
- If you like Building….from the Ground Up
- If you want to do things in eCommerce that have not been done…
- If you understand that the Execution is just as important as the Strategy
- BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an eCommerce or retail merchandising, category management, management consulting and/or strategy development role
- MBA from a Top School
- Data Junkie, who gets to the root cause of a problem but can also Develop Solutions!
- Multi-Tasker and Deal Maker
- Can Spot a Mistake from a Mile Away!
- Never Giving Up
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. In Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Developer (Junior - Mid level)
Sales Associate, San Francisco - Cow Hollow
Bonobos, San Francisco, CA
Account Executive, Corporate Risk
Sales Associate, Chicago - Southport
Bonobos, Chicago, IL
Staff Software Engineer - Games / Social
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Creative Production Lead, Thailand and regional SEA - APAC Marketing Operations
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore