Jet is currently looking for planners for our Pet, Sporting Goods and Household categories. As a Merchandise Planner, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that your assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart US eCommerce – including Walmart.com, Jet and Hayneedle. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions with the customer perspective first in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
What you’ll be working on
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in merchandise planning and replenishment and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Maintain and execute financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for category.
- Lead seasonal buy process across the category.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Replenishment team to support item-level replenishment within complex and high-growth merchandise categories
- Evaluate category inventory and identify, propose and help execute optimization strategies to improve inventory efficiency and category financials
- Partner with Retail team (merchandising, buying) to develop and execute strategies for category optimization
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for planning. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Expert level experience using Excel, intermediate to advanced SQL experience.
- Applied experience with large datasets.
- Strong problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills, with the ability communicate insights to management teams.
- Strong customer service focus and team collaboration skills.
- 2+ years experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- At least 2 years in a business analyst role and/or experience in a retail environment is preferred
- Planners should be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to achieve specific deliverables, especially during the November/ December timeframe.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.