The Category Manager, Sweet Snacks is responsible for ensuring their category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com and Walmart.com (and whatever other brands join our family). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com and Walmart.com first when they are shopping for their daily or seasonal sweet snacking needs!
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
You will own your Sweet Snacks category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com, Walmart.com and Hayneedle.com, and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Work with product and marketing to build your Sweet Snacks brands and enhance the customer experience: You will be working alongside embedded marketing and product resources to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category specialists: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your particular sweet snacks category and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Sweet Snacks experience! And you will also make sure that you are on-boarded successfully to understand all of the Ecommerce sites.
· Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
· Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise, and manage any assortment gaps
· Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
· Own vendor relationships with leading sweet snacks manufacturers and drive shared value
· Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
· Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
· Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
· Coordinate with marketing teams around category promotions
· Manage a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
· If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
· If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
· If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
· If you want to run your own company one day…
We think you’d look great in purple.
· BA/BS degree, with 4 – 6 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting or investment banking firm
· Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
· Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
· Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
· Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
· Experience in inspiring and managing teams
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Marketing Intern - Winter 2018
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Learning and Development Specialist
Global Sourcing Manager
Harry’s, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Agile Coach (m/f)