Studio Photographer - Freelance (Pedricktown, NJ)
Jet, Pedricktown, NJ
Building a better shopping experience.
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
The Photographer reports to the Senior Manager, Photo Studio. The role is responsible for daily product catalog photography, image editing, and general studio upkeep. The ideal candidate has a strong technical photography background and experience shooting product in a high-volume ecommerce environment.
- Light, style, and shoot digital product photography in line with Jet’s style guides.
- Work independently and in concert with Jet’s photography and merchandising teams to problem solve for unique items.
- Image naming, cropping, processing and color correction.
- Retouch and prepare images for web as needed.
- Maintain daily workflow to ensure daily production requirements are met.
- Ensure high level of quality, consistency, and accuracy across all sets.
- Troubleshoot any on-set challenges.
- General studio upkeep, equipment maintenance and organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Photography or related field with comparable work experience.
- 1+ year working in ecommerce, catalog or other high-volume photography environment. As photographer or assistant.
- Professional photography portfolio showcasing both catalog and editorial still life work.
- Strong retouching / image editing skills.
- Digital Photography
- Capture One Pro (C1 9 preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Canon EOS Cameras (5Ds preferred)
- Generator powered studio strobes (Profoto preferred)
- Mac OS
- Microsoft Office
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.