Associate Director, Category Marketing (Home) Walmart
Jet, Hoboken, NJ
Building a better shopping experience.
About the Job
As Associate Director, you will help to develop and drive category-specific marketing plans for Home. You will have a unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans for our strategic, high-priority retail categories.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, creative, and organized growth marketer who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
- Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure we’re meeting business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies, launching on time and within budget.
- Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
- Work closely with colleagues in marketing, retail, and product to support overall Walmart.com vision for growth – ensure we are supporting and telling a cohesive story through retail marketing efforts.
- Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design). Collaborate heavily with retail category teams.
- Build, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); track to specific forecast and budget.
- Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across Jet.com cross-functional teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of Walmart's media calendar, on-site and mobile properties, and opportunities, to speak effectively to our internal and external partners to grow the business.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
- 5-8 years in ecommerce and/or acquisition marketing.
- Experience working cross-functionally and building plans both top-down and bottoms-up.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Lifestyle and/or Home category experience a plus.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Android
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Application Security Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Intern/ Working Student Business Development (m/f)
Marketing Operations Analyst
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Sample Sewer - Temporary
rag & bone, NY - Headquarters
Web Developer | FanSided
Time Inc., Scottsdale, AZ