Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Retail Marketing is a new team at Jet that is charged with driving Jet’s overall retail marketing strategic planning; inclusive of cohesive category-level marketing plans, cross-organizational seasonal campaigns and co-marketing initiatives.
As a key member of the Retail Marketing team, you will help to develop and drive category-specific marketing plans for a strategic set of categories. You will have a unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans for these strategic, high-priority retail categories. You’ll obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design), acting as a “mini-CMO” of your category.
You are a well-rounded marketer with a broad understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth. You live for data and could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, but can also turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them). You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief, and know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You are never satisfied with the status quo and constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate. You live and breathe marketing and can go from chatting about media spend to partnerships to brand strategy in one conversation. You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut. You look good in purple.
- Develop category-specific, customer-centric, marketing plans focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure we’re meeting business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies, launching on time and within budget.
- Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
- Work closely with colleagues in marketing, retail, and product to support overall Jet.com vision for growth – ensure we are supporting and telling a cohesive story through retail marketing efforts.
- Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design). Collaborate heavily with retail category teams.
- Build, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); track to specific forecast and budget.
- Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rdparty data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across Jet.com cross-functional teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of Jet’s media calendar, on-site and mobile properties, and opportunities, to speak effectively to our internal and external partners to grow the business.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
- 5-10 years experience in ecommerce and/or marketing (level commensurate with experience).
- Broad knowledge and experience in various marketing disciplines including acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and/or partnerships.
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Experience conceptualizing and executing integrated marketing strategies which target a passionate and diverse customer base a plus.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Commercial Manager – Film & Entertainment
Time Inc., London
Textiles R&D Lead
Casper, San Francisco
Software Engineer: Backend (Core Platform Services)
Partner Engagement Manager (PEM) - Asia
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sales Associate, San Francisco - Cow Hollow
Bonobos, San Francisco, CA
Lyft, Nashville, TN