Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About the Job
In this team, you are responsible for the design and deployment procedures of Jet's cloud offerings in collaboration with fellow software engineers. You are responsible for ensuring high availability and low latency for the billions of HTTP requests/events we receive every day. We automate everything, we embrace continuous delivery and servers usually get deployed about 50 times per day in multiple regions. The tools that make us successful are (but not limited to) Microsoft Azure, Nomad, Consul, Packer, Vault, Docker, Golang, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Kafka, EventStore, Redis etc.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the DevOps Engineering Manager will be leading a team of highly talented DevOps Engineers. We are looking for someone who will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and serve as a hands-on, manager, while also being a primary point of contact for senior management stakeholders across development and cloud operations. We expect you to respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
We love innovation and welcome creative and impactful suggestions. Sell them in a design review and you get to deliver your vision.
We operate at impressive scale. 1500 microservices, up to 3000 searches per second, 4.5bn pricing calculations a day.
We love open source and contribute back to the community. We are 100% based in the public cloud, so you need to be comfortable with distributed systems that live there.
Based in our brand new office on Molesworth street in Dublin, we offer a world class technical base for the leader of our Devops team.
- Manage your team in their day-to-day work, but also in their career
- Relentlessly work on improving the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Jet.com's services
- Establish credibility with the quality of your own and your team's technical execution
- We are growing, so you will be deeply engaged in the recruiting process to ensure we are finding and hiring outstanding DevOps Engineers
- Roll up those sleeves by debugging and coding; participate in the on-call rotation & occasional travel
- Proven people leader with a demonstrated ability to guide teams to success
- Previous exposure to designing and implementing applications and infrastructure for high-traffic sites
- Working knowledge of both scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc..) and programming languages (such as Golang and F#)
- Proactive communicator and solutions seeker, with the eagerness to use your technical expertise to facilitate productive discussions
- The ability to efficiently work with different global engineering teams is highly desired
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Instacart, Washington, DC
Head of Baseball, Business Development
Time Inc., Chicago, IL
Brand Creative Director (can be based in LA or SF)
ModCloth, San Francisco, CA
Senior Growth Analyst, International
Manager, Customer Operations
Squarespace, Dublin, IE
Full-Stack Senior Software Developer - Search and Messaging Middleware (Ottawa)
TripAdvisor, Ottawa, CA