The Android Developer is responsible for working closely with varying teams to create new features for the Jet Android app. Your ultimate goal is to deliver the best in class experiences to the end user.
New features: Architect, build and improve on new features for the Jet Android app.
Android Excellence: As a part of an agile Android team, you will continue to foster the strong relationship we have built with Google and will have unparalleled opportunity to impact our product and millions of customers!
Customer first: Customer experience is a top priority so you must have a strong product sense paired with the vision to translate product goals into high quality shippable code to create a truly delightful mobile experience.
Collaborative: You will work closely with product teams, designers and other developers to build, test and deploy new features with the goal of customizing the Jet experience for the Android platform.
Open minded: Engage in our collaborative philosophy by being an active member in the Android community.
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles combined with a solid knowledge of multithreading, networking, offline storage and performance tuning
- Expert level knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Gradle, and experience working with Reactive framework (RxJava, RxAndroid) and dependency injection (Dagger)
- Experience in developing content rich applications including animation and window transition with Material Design
- Knowledge of open-source Android ecosystem, libraries, design patterns and architecture. A familiarity with continuous integration and unit testing
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in Android.
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred.
Jet’s mission is to create the best e-commerce experience in the world that can only be backed by cutting edge technology. Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies to perfect a revolutionary pricing engine that will help customers save money on nearly everything. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. We believe that the best engineers are the ones who have a willingness to share knowledge, a desire to learn and most importantly, a passion for all things technology. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
See what we’ve been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA