We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our infrastructure is largely built on Microsoft Windows. We have a hybrid configuration with on premise servers and cloud based servers using Microsoft Azure with a large number of additional technologies and middleware. We support three warehouses, a call center, corporate headquarters, and the development environment in the cloud. Our team uses a mix of Windows, Apple, and some Linux for our systems management platforms and cutting edge network equipment. About 50% of the development platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows.
About the Job
Jet is building an elite information security team and is looking for a strong hands-on Security Engineer. You will be a key member of the security team and will be responsible for a wide range of security projects focused on advanced defense and detection capabilities.
At Jet you will be a hands on self-starter with extraordinary technical skills. As a Jet security engineer, you will work with new technology and implement security solutions to improve Jet's security posture. Your contributions will be highly valued by company leadership and you will be given the autonomy to get the job done.
If you flourish in a dynamic environment where you are implementing crucial information security defenses, then this is the job for you!
Specific responsibilities may include
- Implement security solutions for advanced endpoint malware protection, network monitoring, and threat detection
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration tests of Jet's systems and networks.
- Design creative solutions to detect and mitigate threats using advanced monitoring and anomaly detection strategies
- Develop solutions to protect Jet's Microsoft Azure environment
- Work closely with IT and DevOps to enhance security without impacting productivity
- Protect a mixed infrastructure of Windows, Linux, and OS X
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with IT staff
- Experience with managing endpoint and server protection technology such as anti-malware, whitelisting, and vulnerability management tools
- Background in penetration testing using tools such as Nessus, Burp, Volatility Framework, Metasploit, etc.
- Detailed understanding of Windows, OS X, and Linux security
- Substantial knowledge of web application attacks and defense strategies (SQL injection, XSS cross-site scripting, CSRF, DoS, logic flaws, API attacks, etc...)
- OSCP or related Offensive Security certifications
- Experience assessing and defending wireless networks
- Experience with Splunk or similar log management tools
- Programming experience in Python, Bash, ASP.NET, or C
- 5+ years experience in Information Security
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
See what we’ve been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com
At Jet, our goal is to reshape the landscape of e-commerce forever and make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
Want to learn more about Jet? Visit https://jet.com
Jobs You May Like
Sales Associate, Pittsburgh
Bonobos, Pittsburgh, PA
Product Operations Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Salesforce and Marketing Automation Administrator
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Customer Support Agent (Spanish)
Wish, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Reddit, San Francisco