Interested in the gig? Here's a bit about the role:
- Customer support via multiple channels: email, chat, social, phones and SMS- we find doctors, navigate confusing health insurance issues, and help customers enroll in health plans.
- Raise customer concerns in an actionable way.
- Think outside of the box about what we can do for customers to go above and beyond expectations.
- Use qualitative and quantitative feedback to communicate needs to other teams, with a drive towards delivering the best possible experience to customers.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive project progress.
- Ask questions to clarify priorities and push your peers to be highly effective.
- Perform at a level of greatness that JOANY has never seen before.
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are (and are not) trying to do.
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Customer Support role.
- A passion for helping people and interest in healthcare. A Health Insurance Broker’s license will be valued, but if you don’t have one we’ll help you get trained.
- Previous experience as an Trainer, Quality Assurance, Social Media, People or Operations will be valued.
- Experience using systems similar to Zendesk, Sprout Social, DialPad and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment is desired.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
What if buying healthcare was as easy as buying everything else? Everything we do at JOANY is solely focused on our customer. We are dedicated to providing a personalized experience with the highest possible service found anywhere. Yes we said it. Anywhere. Our mission at JOANY is to make buying health insurance simple and transparent. We are both advocates and experts for consumers ensuring you buy a health plan that you can actually use, at the most affordable price. We use data, machine intelligence and humans to give our customers unbiased recommendations that are equivalent to 10 data analyst and 10 health care experts, all in your back pocket.