Interested in the gig? Here's what you'll do:
- Build features for JOANY and internal apps (We use React and Redux)
- Write modular and reusable CSS that can be framed
- Test and optimize models, frameworks, and services that power frontend applications
- Work with React and helping build and improve our browser extension and website
- Collaborate with Design and UX to create and iterate on customer-facing tools
- Manage deliverables against deadlines and milestones with the engineering and product teams
- Effectively document and communicate results to the broader engineering team
- Bring your unique point of view to code reviews
- Stay up to date on the latest of front end engineering
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of front end development experience with CSS and JS
- Proficiency with one of the big JS frameworks such as: Backbone, Angular 1 or 2, React, Vue, etc.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Familiarity with working with a styleguide
- Flexible mindset to pitch in and do what’s needed to drive success
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
What if buying healthcare was as easy as buying everything else? Everything we do at JOANY is solely focused on our customer. We are dedicated to providing a personalized experience with the highest possible service found anywhere. Yes we said it. Anywhere. Our mission at JOANY is to make buying health insurance simple and transparent. We are both advocates and experts for consumers ensuring you buy a health plan that you can actually use, at the most affordable price. We use data, machine intelligence and humans to give our customers unbiased recommendations that are equivalent to 10 data analyst and 10 health care experts, all in your back pocket.
Want to learn more about Joany? Visit Joany's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Developer Productivity (Senior/ Staff)
Okta, San Jose, CA; Bellevue, WA; US Remote