Interested in the gig? Here is a bit about what you'll do:
- Own the maintenance and organization of license renewal dates, health plan appointments, and state compliance dates.
- Participate in Special Projects that will help uncover new and different verticals within the health insurance industry.
- Proactively search for, review, and comprehend state legislation that could affect customers’ health insurance and our processes.
- Own key enrollment processes (major medical, dental, vision) and understand the enrollment pathways like the back of your own hand.
- Contact insurance companies for customer inquiries as well as appointment tasks.
- Research and analyze insurance opportunities in each state.
- Proactively raise, manage and resolve challenges.
- Quickly learn and keep up with health insurance terms, and political climate.
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are (and are not) trying to do.
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- Extraordinarily organized, process-driven, and patient work-style.
- Ability to take large amounts of data information and organize it in a way that is simple and easy to understand and consume.
- Proficiency in data analytics with background in excel pivot tables, macros, and formulas.
- Almost neuroticly detail-oriented.
- Natural love for generating simple solutions from complex problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgement calls independently.
- Ability to focus in a dynamic work environment and thrive while responding to unexpected and highly sensitive challenges.
- Tech savvy-ness: aptitude in Mac OS, proficient in basic office software tools (Google Spreadsheets & Docs), beginner in SQL.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
What if buying healthcare was as easy as buying everything else? Everything we do at JOANY is solely focused on our customer. We are dedicated to providing a personalized experience with the highest possible service found anywhere. Yes we said it. Anywhere. Our mission at JOANY is to make buying health insurance simple and transparent. We are both advocates and experts for consumers ensuring you buy a health plan that you can actually use, at the most affordable price. We use data, machine intelligence and humans to give our customers unbiased recommendations that are equivalent to 10 data analyst and 10 health care experts, all in your back pocket.
Want to learn more about Joany? Visit Joany's website.
Help the world share their story