Senior Quality Engineer
JOOR, New York, NY
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange
Our thriving team here at JOOR seeks to continue disrupting the wholesale industry through technology and is searching for talented and motivated Senior Quality Engineers to join us. If you are looking to join a team where you can hit the ground running and take quality to the next level as we scale up our business and development, this may be the role for you.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you’ll work closely with our Quality team to help us define the best in class testing solutions to be used by all Engineers + Quality Engineers alike. You will play a role in helping shape shared responsibility of Quality culture at JOOR, supporting all stages of development. You will tackle complex problems and build systems that support the Quality of our platforms which in turn support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills, work collaboratively and see their solutions make an immediate impact for brands and retailers. Read the JOOR Engineering Blog to learn more.
Who We Are:
As the world’s industry-standard wholesale platform for fashion, beauty and home, JOOR is making wholesale smoother and smarter for brands and retailers. The JOOR platform seamlessly creates a single, collaborative ecosystem for the entire wholesale process. Brands and retailers can easily manage their selling and buying, access the vital metrics that drive their business in real time, leverage trends as they see them develop, and work together to act on emerging opportunities. We believe how people and companies accomplish goals is just as important as reaching those goals. We’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive team of uniquely talented people to drive the digital transformation of the industry we love.
JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo.
- We welcomed an exciting new CEO and management team
- We are building software that is transforming an industry
- Our industry-leading technology won an American Business (Stevie) Award
- We are global and rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
How You Will Help Us Push The Boundaries of Quality:
- You will be key in evangelizing testing culture working with all parts of Tech at JOOR – including our Engineers, Technical Leads, Quality Engineers and Product Managers.
- Being solutions-driven, you will aid in identifying and implementing testing strategies for the needs of the organization.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, you will seek to continuously learn about our systems, users, and business applications to level up those around you.
- You will take calculated risks, engaging in active research of new testing techniques, methodologies and tools, sharing them with the team, and applying them when there’s a potential for improvement in partnership with Engineering teams.
- You will work with high-level specs, in a fast-paced environment and think critically to provide the best test coverage in both ideal situations and in the non-ideal when constraints are present.
- You will work with other Quality Engineers to level up those around you.
What We're Looking for (Required):
- 5 years prior experience as a Quality Engineer or related role, developing automation tests and developing testing frameworks or tools
- Experience working within the full development lifecycle, and helping improve processes within the lifecycle.
- Experience testing multiple systems including web platforms, apis, and microservices.
- Experience automating build processes and application deployments with tools like Jenkins.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with immediate team and stakeholders outside of the immediate team (ie. Technical Leads, Engineers, Product Managers)
Bonus Skills and Expertise:
- Experience with Databases
- Experience with testing across distributed teams and microservice architecture.
- Experience with multiple tiers of testing including understanding when best to utilize E2E tests, integration tests, contract tests and/or unit tests.
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
JOOR is wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange, connecting the world’s best brands and top retailers for faster, easier, and smarter business. The only platform serving the needs of both buyers and sellers, there are more than 8,600 brands and 190,000 retail locations on JOOR. Brands and retailers with a Full Access subscription to JOOR rid themselves of manual processes and grow their businesses through more efficient and impactful exchange of product data, order processing, assortment planning, and real-time analytics. JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
We are a team of wholesale industry experts and technologists passionate about transforming the wholesale industry through disruptive products and services. Join us!