Senior UI/UX Product Designer
JOOR, New York
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange
Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a “Woman to Watch in 2020” by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 140 employees in 10 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Berlin and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 12,500+ brands across 53 categories, 300,000+ retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1.5B in gross merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like ShopBop; and key influencers like Dover Street Market. Leading men's and women's brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry
Who You Are:
The JOOR Product Design team is looking for a seasoned product interface and experience designer to lead our many product features. You will collaborate with product designers, product managers and engineering to envision, research, define and concept the most intuitive solution for the given amount of time and resources. You will be responsible for researching and designing new and updated user experiences, creating concepts, visual mockups. You should be analytical and a problem-solver, have an eye for clean user-centric design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and ultimately intuitive and functional user interfaces.
What You'll Do:
- Research design and these research methods: ethnographic studies, grounded theory research, design thinking sessions, user requirement/needs gathering, usability testing, task analysis, interviewing, surveys, contextual inquiry, comparative/competitive analysis, heuristic evaluation
- Lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches and set the vision for the user experience
- Translate strategy into action through all phases of product design: distilling research, information architecture, concept ideation, wireframing, prototyping
- Work with product managers to define the problem, define the requirements and come up with solutions, not just translate briefs into screens
- Translate complex ideas into user-friendly designs and experiences
- Coordinate user research activities and methods to support your hypotheses and test your designs
- Own the end-to-end user experience of several feature projects
- Produce both long-term, inspirational prototypes and more immediate quick fixes and production deliverables
- Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand and are consistent.
- Continue to expand our product design system
What We're Looking For:
- 5-7+ years of experience working in Product Design with a focus on both UX and UI.
- Experience with enterprise products, B2B and SaaS products
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions and the process you took to get there
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience
- Deep understanding of complex data products
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design principles and design as communication
- Act autonomously and take ownership
- Relentless attention to detail and to consistency
- Past experience collaborating with product and tech team stakeholders
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and should embrace feedback
- Great collaborator and team player
- Experience in the Sketch > Craft > Invision workflow and proficiency in other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Bonus if you have experience/knowledge of the fashion wholesale industry
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, Meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
JOOR is wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange, connecting the world’s best brands and top retailers for faster, easier, and smarter business. The only platform serving the needs of both buyers and sellers, there are more than 8,600 brands and 190,000 retail locations on JOOR. Brands and retailers with a Full Access subscription to JOOR rid themselves of manual processes and grow their businesses through more efficient and impactful exchange of product data, order processing, assortment planning, and real-time analytics. JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
We are a team of wholesale industry experts and technologists passionate about transforming the wholesale industry through disruptive products and services. Join us!
Want to learn more about JOOR? Visit JOOR's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.