Lead of Analytics Engineering
JOOR, New York, NY
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange
Who We Are:
Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 “Changemaker in the Fashion Industry” and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 180 employees in 11 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 12,500 brands and over 325,000 retailers in 144 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. JOOR’s exclusive partners range from established luxury conglomerates such as LVMH, Kering, Richemont and Capri, to leading brands such as Stella McCartney, Valentino, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and Dr. Martens. Premier department stores including Neiman Marcus, Printemps and Harrods, as well as global digital retailers such Shopbop and Revolve, conduct their buying exclusively through JOOR.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer Lead who’s excited to join and lead the growing data and analytics team at JOOR. This person will lead a team responsible for ensuring decisions made by humans and machines are informed by data. You’ll work closely with members of the analytics team, technology team, executives, and stakeholders across the business to deliver highly impactful solutions. This role will report directly to our CTO.
As we digitize the world of wholesale we’re collecting a unique and valuable dataset of trends and purchases that is available to us months before others. Our data infrastructure consists of a practical set of modern technologies including dbt, BigQuery, Airflow, Alooma, Periscope, and Mixpanel.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, manage, and mentor members of the data team. Identify talent and hiring needs, and recruit, build, and grow a high-performing team
- Work closely with stakeholders and other members of the analytics team to deliver analytic tools including dashboards, reports, and other data products that enable stakeholders to self-serve
- Build, configure, and maintain high quality data infrastructure and data products in conjunction with the larger tech team
- Work on strategic projects for teams across the company including Sales, Customer Success and Marketing
- Work with the product team to externalize our data for the benefit of our clients
- Collaborate with other members of the analytics team to continuously improve our processes, ensuring data accessibility, quality, and maintainability
- Investigate new ways to gain value from our data by using machine learning
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
- 5+ years of related experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineer or similar
- 1+ years of experience as people manager
- Proficiency in writing high quality, performant SQL against complex data sources. Familiarity with dimensional data modeling concepts and modern data architectures
- Experience as an administrator of at least one BI platform like Periscope, Looker, or Tableau
- Proficiency in at least one a scripting or statistical programming language (i.e. R or Python), the command line, and git
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and project management skills
- JOOR will not sponsor applicants for work visas
What We Offer:
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
JOOR is wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange, connecting the world’s best brands and top retailers for faster, easier, and smarter business. The only platform serving the needs of both buyers and sellers, there are more than 8,600 brands and 190,000 retail locations on JOOR. Brands and retailers with a Full Access subscription to JOOR rid themselves of manual processes and grow their businesses through more efficient and impactful exchange of product data, order processing, assortment planning, and real-time analytics. JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
We are a team of wholesale industry experts and technologists passionate about transforming the wholesale industry through disruptive products and services. Join us!
Want to learn more about JOOR? Visit JOOR's website.
File hosting service