Billions of people in emerging markets are coming online for the first time, most of them via mobile phones. Many have limited or no access to financial services.
JUMO combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere. We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs.
A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Analyst to join our Enablement team. This position will be based in Cape Town and will report to the Head of Enablement.
You will design, build, implement and monitor a suite of high-quality strategic implementation and performance monitoring solutions to accurately and rapidly execute on strategic and environmental changes within a Portfolio and Credit Risk Management environment
- Develop and evolve an automated execution capability on existing and new products in one of the most exciting, dynamic and high potential environments in the world
- Leverage a world class data science team to ensure rapid evolution of scorecards and deep customer understanding. Embrace and leverage Data Science’s big data and machine learning capabilities
- Provide real-time, robust, reliable, insightful business / management information (MIS) to track strategy, portfolio and scorecard performance
- Provide support and assist with problem investigation and resolution
- Conduct weekly/monthly meetings and drive prioritization of projects for major portfolio initiatives
- Programming and Database: Some knowledge of computer science fundamentals and a scripting language (e.g. Python) is advantageous but not a minimum requirement, as is experience with Stats languages and/or packages, e.g., R, SAS; databases: SQL and NoSQL
- Communication and Visualization: Ability to relay complex concepts; storytelling skills; translate insights into decisions and actions; Python and R visualization packages; knowledge of other visualization tools, e.g., Quicksite, Qlikview, Tableau is advantageous
- Domain knowledge and soft skills: Passionate about the business; curious about data; influence without authority; hacker mindset; problem solver; strategic, proactive, creative, innovative and collaborative, attention to detail.
- 2+ years analytical/commercial experience within Financial Services
- Proven ability in analytics, business acumen and presenting / communicating recommendations across all organization levels
- University degree in Business or Mathematics or Statistics or Informatics or equivalent industry training and experience
- Experience in SAS/SQL (beginner or intermediate level) or equivalent structured language analytical software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
Our mission has launched, are you joining us?
We are JUMO. We continue to grow and shape the organisation to meet the magnitude of the unusual challenges we face. This approach makes JUMO a unique and exciting environment to work and build your career.
Want to learn more about JUMO? Visit JUMO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Database Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Insight Health Data Science Fellows Program - Boston
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 3, 2019 - Boston
Senior Technical Solution Consultant
Senior Data Scientist - Data Products
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA
Senior Data Scientist
Red Ventures, South Charlotte