Billions of people in emerging markets are coming online for the first time, most of them via mobile phones. Many have limited or no access to financial services.
JUMO combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere. On the JUMO platform, a customer can configure a savings, or lending product by amount, term and payment method. We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs.
A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Head of Platform Services to join our Product team. This position will be based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Director of Product.
We require a pragmatic and technical generalist who has extensive experience in establishing, scaling and maintaining financial solutions and platforms – preferably using microservices. They will lead the Platform team’s Product Owners to deliver functional, scalable, high impact solutions to facilitate the provision of financial products to our customers for our partners.
- Responsible for the planning, co-ordination, and delivery of the Platform team mandate within the Product team. Key areas of focus are:
- Providing high impact solutions that support the key platform functions, namely Business Risk, Marketplace, Banking Services and Customer.
- Building solutions that are technically elegant in design, leading to high configurability, low operational burden and low platform running costs.
- Work closely with both the Head of Integrations and Head of Product Solutions within the Product team to ensure we achieve our goals.
- Provide, track and improve key platform and business function metrics, as well as represent the Platform function within JUMO.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- Business Analysis / Product Owner / Project Management / Technical Diploma or Certificates essential
- Multi-functional, high transaction volume solutions development (design, launch, refine) e.g. ecommerce, financial services, logistics
- Minimum 6 years as a product owner, BA or owner of a key functional area
- Minimum 2 years managing a team
- Excellent logical thinker with strong problem identification and solution design skills
- Solid understanding of architectural design and processes
- Strong communication and relationship building skills at all levels
- Strong leadership and ability to logically present arguments
- Well-rounded expertise in the financial solutions space (tech, analytics, UX, commercial, legal)
- Drive delivery of highest standards within required timeframes
- Ability to self-manage and take ownership
- Ability to prioritise, considering bigger picture and be flexible with regards to changing priorities
Our mission has launched are you joining us?
We are JUMO. We continue to grow and shape the organisation to meet the magnitude of the unusual challenges we face. This approach makes JUMO a unique and exciting environment to work and build your career.
Want to learn more about JUMO? Visit JUMO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intrepid Senior Experience Designer
Accenture, TX - Houston, USA
Freelance Creative Designer
Splash, Can work from anywhere
Refinery29, New York
Senior Product Designer, Carrier Experience
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Senior UI/UX Designer
Red Ventures, Fort Lauderdale, FL