Founded in 2015, JUMO is a full technology stack for building and running financial services. We enable our partners to offer next-generation savings, lending and insurance products to entrepreneurs in emerging markets. These give anyone with a cell phone and mobile wallet access to unprecedented financial choice, enabling millions of people to prosper, build their businesses and drive economic growth.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for all levels of Data Engineers to join our team, from starting your journey to Senior level. A successful applicant is based in Nairobi and reports to the Head of Data Engineering.
Bring your unique experience and skills to the Data Engineering team who designs, builds and maintains JUMO's data processing platform. The platform will soon acquire data for over 150 million GSM and mobile money users from globally distributed sources, consuming data from low frequency batch to high-volume real-time streaming sources. Beyond ingress, the data is processed, stored and distributed to support event-driven analytics and ML pipelines, leveraging cloud based infrastructure. We contribute to JUMO's mission of financial inclusion by extracting maximum predictive value from the data assets we have access to.
- Design, implement, and maintain the data and ML pipelines that constitute JUMO's data platform, enabling effective and efficient use of data across the organisation
- Research of new technologies ensuring that JUMO's data platform remains as effective and efficient as possible
- Peer work review, providing feedback on team members' output and encouraging skills development within the team
- Taking pride in creating robust, often mission critical data processing software
- Senior Data Engineers are expected to mentor juniors with technical leadership
- Real-world understanding of data processing and storage
- Software design and development experience
- Distributed systems development
- Proven ability to contribute software as part of a team
- Effective communication of technical concepts
- Critical thinking under pressure
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent tertiary degree
- Experience in software design and development with at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Scala, Java, Golang, C++ or Node.js
- Keen interest in the big-data technologies such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, MongoDB, Presto, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Beam, Flink, Kafka and Kinesis
- RDBMS experience in any in any relevant technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift and SQL Server
- Understanding of source control and continuous integration practices
- Productive within a Linux command line environment
- An understanding of object orientated and functional programming paradigms
- Understanding of Machine Learning life cycle
- Experience with productionising and monitoring of ML workflows
- Design of systems to process and curate very large data sets
- Server-less/Faas architectures and processes
- AWS and/or GCP services
- Agile working environment experience
We are JUMO. We continue to grow and shape the organisation to meet the magnitude of the unusual challenges we face. This approach makes JUMO a unique and exciting environment to work and build your career.
Want to learn more about JUMO? Visit JUMO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Domain Expert, Defence
Dataminr, London, UK
Analytics High Value Consulting Senior Manager - Products Industry
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Member Support Specialist (Contract)
Analytics High Value Consulting Manager - Resources Industry
Accenture, NY - New York, USA
Senior Research Scientist - Personalization
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Product Analytics Lead
Intercom, London, UK