Founded in 2015, JUMO is a full technology stack for building and running financial services. Our mission is to empower emerging market entrepreneurs all over the world with powerful financial choices. As of November 2019, we have served over 15 million customers and disbursed over a billion USD.
We are more than just a fintech company and we’re looking for someone who wants more than just a job. The work you’ll do will require you to be intellectually curious, and a clear but passionate thinker, capable of engaging with key stakeholders and external partners, develop predictive models and performing advanced analytics to assist in understanding the international markets we operate in, especially in a credit risk and affordability context. You’ll work closely with our data and portfolio team by providing superior prediction accuracy.
As Decision Scientist you will be accountable for developing fit-for-purpose predictive and affordability models, execute and maintain existing models and analyse our markets to determine the most effective way to increase financial inclusion whilst minimising our credit risk exposure. You will be based in Islamabad and will report to the Intl. Decision Science Team lead who is based in London. You will be situated at our partners’ offices.
If you join us, you’ll
- Use an agile approach to determine the best use of data to develop predictive models and perform analysis in line with business requirements (e.g. credit scoring; customer acquisition; segmentation; social network analysis; etc.)
- Develop data processes to mine value from a variety of data sources that include high-volume, transactional-level data.
- Provide analytical support to various other business teams
- Perform credit scoring for various business teams
- Collaborate with system developers, data engineers, and data architects where necessary to facilitate data analysis and credit scoring.
What you’ll need
- Experience in mining and extracting valuable information from large data sets
- At least 2 years experience with financial and or Telco (e.g. GSM, IEMI, Wallet, etc.) data, preferably with a focus on the credit life cycle.
- Knowledge of programming tools enabling types of analysis/modelling described above
We’re looking for someone who has
- A postgraduate degree, Honours, Masters or Phd degree in Mathematics, Statistics or similar. Background in Finance, Economics or similar.
- Honours and Statistics: machine learning; statistical modeling, supervised learning (e.g. deep learning, decision trees, random forests, SVM, logistic regression, etc.); unsupervised learning (e.g. clustering, PCA, k-means, dimension reduction);
- Programming and Database: computer science fundamentals, scripting language, e.g. Python; Stats languages and/or packages, e.g., R, SAS; relational databases: SQL and NoSQL, Oracle;
- Communication and Visualization: Ability to relay complex concepts; storytelling skills; translate data-driven insights into decisions and actions; Python and R visualization packages; knowledge of other visualisation tools, e.g. Tableau is advantageous.
- Domain knowledge and soft skills: Passionate about the business; curious about data; influence without authority; problem solver; strategic, proactive, creative, innovative and collaborative
- A mixture of multidisciplinary skills ranging from an intersection of computer science, mathematics, statistics, communication and business.
- The ability to work independently.
Bonus if you have
- Experience in credit scorecard development
- Experience in statistical model development
- Experience in machine learning algorithms, e.g. SVM and Neural Networks
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with cloud environments, like AWS or GCP
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
Things you’ll love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring office space
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate uncharted territory
- Solving stimulating challenges alongside international teams
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
We are JUMO. We continue to grow and shape the organisation to meet the magnitude of the unusual challenges we face. This approach makes JUMO a unique and exciting environment to work and build your career.