About this job
Billions of people in emerging markets are coming online for the first time, most of them via mobile phones. Many have limited or no access to financial services.
JUMO combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere. We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs.
A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analytics team. This position will be based in Cape Town and will report to the Head of Financial Planning.
- Monitor and analyses the performance of all products and portfolios against the forecast, identify variances and work closely with the product and portfolio teams to ensure the forecast is met
- Design and implement automated performance reports and dashboards to ensure all key business metrics are monitored and managed across current and new territories
- Preparation of and timely submission of accurate reports
- Assist the Head of Financial Planning with updating the financial forecasting models across all portfolios on a monthly basis and any ad hoc reporting and analysis requirements.
- Enabling FP&A through the creation & maintenance of an “in-house” database related to all FP&A reports / key metrics
- Enabling the wider Financial team through streamlining, automation, dashboards & reporting
- Gather and maintain accurate and timely information from key data sources on a monthly basis, including but not limited to, Financial Management – Pastel GL Actuals, Treasury – Forward Foreign Exchange Rates, Cube SQL – Key Performance Metrics, Portfolio Management – Volume Forecasts
You will need
- BComm / Business Science / Statistics or similar qualification
- CFA / CIMA or other similar qualifications (or studying towards) is advantageous
- Solid experience in a Financial Analyst role working with financial services products
- Forecasting / financial modelling experience across products and territories within financial services industry.
- Experience building financial related reports
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excel Guru / Ninja
- Microsoft Office
- PowerPivot is advantageous
- Advanced VBA is advantageous
- Exceptional modelling skills, specifically in streamlining and automating
- Financial analysis skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Deadline driven
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to work effectively in a highly pressurized environment
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.
We are JUMO. We continue to grow and shape the organisation to meet the magnitude of the unusual challenges we face. This approach makes JUMO a unique and exciting environment to work and build your career.
Want to learn more about JUMO? Visit JUMO's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.