Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Fundraising)
Juniper Square, San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, & Remote
Delight your investors. Automate your back office.
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
Juniper Square serves two sides of the private capital markets, the investment managers (GPs) and the investors (LPs). The network and fundraising tracks aim at improving the experience of investors of all sizes. We delight customers by automating laborious and time-consuming backoffice and providing useful data analysis, visualization and exports of data for investors.
This amplifies the toolset we provide on the Fundraising track which enables a seamless experience in managing all aspects of the fundraising lifecycle including investor communication streamlining, document and relationship management/automation and process efficacy analytics.
On the engineering side, some of the challenges we focus on are parallelization and automation of tasks, re-architecting of our components to allow for scaling and autonomy of action as well as rethinking our data models to account for the growing complexity of investor relationships while retaining strict security / privacy compliance.
About your role
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate closely with frontend engineers and cross-functional partners across our product, design, and quality assurance teams to contribute to and build out our strategic initiatives.
Our Network initiative is focused on bridging the gap between investment managers and investors, solidifying Juniper Square’s position within the market. Our Services initiative centers on building new workflows and automation services to both scale our team’s capacity and our coverage in the market.
Your role is to collaborate with the team to deliver on these objectives and contribute to evolving our platform's infrastructure to meet expanding scope and scale. Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to large, complex projects in a team, providing technical reviews and execution
- Participate in project kick offs and translate projects requirements into technical specifications for implementation
- Define new and expand existing data models, including database schema and object models in the data access layer
- Implement any required business logic in the service layer
- Define and implement GraphQL API endpoints, collaborating with front end engineers
- Write integration and unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues
- Provide technical support for stakeholder groups such as customer success
- Participate in monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building web-based using modern MVC frameworks
- Expertise in Python or other server-side web application development languages
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be operating in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup
About Juniper Square
Meet Juniper Square. Founded in 2014, Juniper Square is transforming the private funds industry with easy-to-use software that streamlines fundraising, investment administration, and investor reporting. Designed specifically for the real estate industry, Juniper Square helps more than 150 investment sponsors manage more than 50,000 investors and $200B in real estate assets. By using Juniper Square, clients such as Beacon Capital, Cortland Partners, and Stockbridge improve investor satisfaction, boost fundraising productivity, and save time and money on the back office. Juniper Square is based in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, and has quickly become the leader in real estate investment management software.
Want to learn more about Juniper Square? Visit Juniper Square's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.