Director of Engineering (Fund Administration)
Juniper Square, San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX & Remote
Delight your investors. Automate your back office.
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About your role
The Juniper Square platform provides the software to put the entire lifecycle of an investment fund on rails. Our platform is the system of record for these funds tracking all ownership and transaction data. The Fund Administration team innovates technology solutions to automate the operations of investment funds after formation. The team is focused on building solutions to automate critical fund operations workflows including managing ownership structures, calculating allocations for all transactions and processing payments. In addition, the team also focuses on the investor experience, delivering capabilities that enhance communications and reporting capabilities.
As a Director of Engineering for the Fund Administration team, you will own and oversee the development of one of Juniper Square’s core offerings. This fast-growing team is tackling a broad set of complex problems. You will recruit and develop engineering leaders, manage the team through growth evolving the team’s structure and practices, and collaborate with key stakeholders to create and execute a product roadmap to achieve the team's mission.
What you’ll do
- Lead a distributed team of engineers and managers, setting and communicating clear objectives and driving for success
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders in the product, customer success, and operations teams in roadmap planning and continuous process improvement to achieve the company’s mission
- Work closely with other engineering leaders to develop a technology strategy to support our growth
- Develop and grow engineering leaders through active coaching and mentoring
- Work closely with the recruiting team to create strategies for accelerating organization growth while maintaining our hiring bar
- Create a process that maintains alignment with the product, design, and QA teams through period of growth
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to continuously improve a strong engineering culture that fosters an environment of autonomy with accountability
- At least 5+ years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2+ years managing managers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate ideas and drive action
- Strong ability to digest complex and ambiguous topics distill them to concrete actionable plans
- A track record of success in critical customer-facing applications (SaaS preferred)
- Understanding of web application architecture and the implications of technical decisions on scale and reliability
- Bachelor and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.
About Juniper Square
Meet Juniper Square. Founded in 2014, Juniper Square is transforming the private funds industry with easy-to-use software that streamlines fundraising, investment administration, and investor reporting. Designed specifically for the real estate industry, Juniper Square helps more than 150 investment sponsors manage more than 50,000 investors and $200B in real estate assets. By using Juniper Square, clients such as Beacon Capital, Cortland Partners, and Stockbridge improve investor satisfaction, boost fundraising productivity, and save time and money on the back office. Juniper Square is based in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, and has quickly become the leader in real estate investment management software.
Want to learn more about Juniper Square? Visit Juniper Square's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Industry Manager - Complex Manufacturing - Aerospace&Defense
Mendix, Milano | Genova | Modena | Napoli | Rome | Torino | Treviso