Business Development Representative (BDR)
Juniper Square, San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX
Delight your investors. Automate your back office.
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve tripled our team in each of the past three years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term, and are on track to triple our headcount again this year. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
About your Role
We are hiring exceptional Business Development Representatives to join our team! As a BDR at Juniper Square, you are the first point of contact. You will be responsible for both selling the value of Juniper Square as well as ensuring leads are qualified before handing them off to our Account Executives. Would you describe yourself as “professionally persistent”, “organized”, and “love to hustle”? Are you interested in SaaS and finance? Are you an articulate professional with a customer-focused orientation? If this is you, we want you on our world-class BDR team at Juniper Square in San Francisco or Austin!
What you'll do
- Generate and qualify inbound and outbound leads, often acting as the first person to speak to a potential customer
- Maintain high call volumes with precision follow-up
- Help manage our sales pipeline by supporting our account executives
- Organize and prioritize outreach, demos, and follow-up to qualified prospects
- Organize and maintain our CRM to manage sales funnel
- Generate and manage sales pipeline and demand gen reports for sales team
- Work with industry partners to identify opportunities for “win-win” partnerships that lead to inbound demand
- Represent Juniper Square at industry events; listening to prospective customer needs and educating them on our product offering
- Become an expert on all aspects of fundraising, investor reporting, administration, and communication across private capital strategies
- Work closely with our account executives, product, and customer success teams
- All-star performer that excels in all aspects of the role
- 1+ years of experience in a sales/business development role, either in real estate, B2B software or real estate private equity/finance/accounting
- Prior BDR/SDR experience is a plus
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work as part of a sales team, supporting the sales executives to reach our business goals
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates will have experience working in rapidly-changing environments and adapting and contributing to an evolving sales processes
- Demonstrated ability to consistently set and beat stretch sales targets
- Passionate about software
- Coachable and excited about learning
- Experience with Salesforce and other productivity tools, including Salesloft, preferred
- Real estate relationships and familiarity with private equity investing/accounting concepts both pluses
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.
About Juniper Square
Meet Juniper Square. Founded in 2014, Juniper Square is transforming the private funds industry with easy-to-use software that streamlines fundraising, investment administration, and investor reporting. Designed specifically for the real estate industry, Juniper Square helps more than 150 investment sponsors manage more than 50,000 investors and $200B in real estate assets. By using Juniper Square, clients such as Beacon Capital, Cortland Partners, and Stockbridge improve investor satisfaction, boost fundraising productivity, and save time and money on the back office. Juniper Square is based in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, and has quickly become the leader in real estate investment management software.