Fund Accounting Waterfall Specialist
Juniper Square, San Francisco, Austin, Remote
Delight your investors. Automate your back office.
About Juniper Square
We envision a world with radically expanded opportunities for investment and participation in private markets. Our mission is to unlock the full potential of investment partnerships. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, venture capital, crypto, and others make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About the role
Investor Services is a quickly growing team at Juniper Square that is responsible for building out new lines of business for our customers. We are seeking a Waterfall specialist to act as a trusted partner to our real estate private equity customers and their investors. Your main responsibilities will be to build fund-level waterfalls and calculate fund level distributions. We are looking for someone who is eager to impact our customers’ day-to-day operations, and who is excited about the opportunity to learn and build valuable, hands-on experience within a software start up and investment management. This is a newly created role to join a young team within a Series C company that addresses one of the largest sectors of the U.S. economy.
What you’ll do
- Build knowledge of our evolving software and the real estate industry.
- Use Juniper Square software to manage our customers’ day-to-day transaction related operations including building waterfalls, calculating distributions, multiple close rebalancing and calculating capital call amounts
- Develop and maintain complex waterfall and capital call models in Excel based on client LPAs.
- You may also create distribution and capital call notices using our software
- Analyze and understand a limited partnership agreement in relation to distributions and waterfall
- Identify and flag areas of improvement in our processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales and Customer Success to ensure we are delivering a best-in-class offering to our customers.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance or accounting-related role, such as in investment banking, fund or SPV administration, audit or at an investment firm.
- Prior experience building waterfall models in Excel and calculating distribution amounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity and desire to consistently do the right thing for our customers and for the business.
- Ability to be a self-starter: you identify problems and take ownership of finding and implementing solutions.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change; ability to handle multiple projects at once while staying close to the details.
- You see opportunity in ambiguity; this is the right role for you if you have a vision for building something new and big!
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.
About Juniper Square
Meet Juniper Square. Founded in 2014, Juniper Square is transforming the private funds industry with easy-to-use software that streamlines fundraising, investment administration, and investor reporting. Designed specifically for the real estate industry, Juniper Square helps more than 150 investment sponsors manage more than 50,000 investors and $200B in real estate assets. By using Juniper Square, clients such as Beacon Capital, Cortland Partners, and Stockbridge improve investor satisfaction, boost fundraising productivity, and save time and money on the back office. Juniper Square is based in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, and has quickly become the leader in real estate investment management software.
Want to learn more about Juniper Square? Visit Juniper Square's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one