Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Job - Payroll Tax Coordinator
As a Payroll Tax Coordinator, you will be instrumental in helping the Payroll Tax team be productive, effective and organized. Your day will revolve around ensuring Justworks has the right information to file for our customers’ payroll taxes.
What you'll do
- Daily upkeep of payroll tax reporting and filing software by inputting newly reported customer data, relevant or new tax data, confirming accuracy, and surfacing any issues to senior team members
- Resolve inquiries generated by Justworks’ Customer Success team by reaching out to appropriate state agencies, amending filings, and providing thorough and accurate information
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual federal, state, and local payroll tax filings
- Schedule and remit accurate payroll tax payments for amounts due
- Sort and resolve payroll tax related mail by working with relevant agencies to identify discrepancies and prevent delinquencies
- Interact with government agencies to represent Justworks, advocate for our customers, and resolve payroll tax issues
- Assist senior team members in building out internal resources (help articles, training decks)
Who you are
- 0-2 years of work experience preferably in payroll tax
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or similar field
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable; you know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Technologically savvy; you can pick up new systems and tools quickly
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.
Want to learn more about Justworks? Visit Justworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of International Strategy & Operations
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Daxko, Bannockburn IL, US
Senior Full Stack / Java Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
TALA, Santa Monica
Wizeline, Queretaro, Mexico
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
PlayStation, Waterloo, ON