Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Workplace, the Workplace Safety Manager will help shape Justworks’ Health & Safety and security strategy by working within a framework of functions to ensure that a high level of physical security standards are established and maintained, as well as establish best practice for the Health & Safety of our employees (Fire Safety, CPR/First Aid, Emergency Action planning, etc.).
What you'll do
- Manage onsite security personnel
- Develop and update, and coordinate training for various security protocol including development of active shooter plan
- Conduct daily walkthroughs of the facility to ensure compliance with Justworks’ security standards
- Management of access control system & CCTV i.e. assigning access cards, audits, liaise with vendor on maintenance & repair, monitors cameras and other alerts such as unauthorized badge access, etc.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement
- Investigate any security events and incidents and respond accordingly
Health & Safety
- Develop and execute health & safety plans in the workplace
- Develop and maintain Justworks’ Emergency Action Plan
- Coordinate training for CPR/First Aid AED
- Conduct training and presentations for health & safety matters and accident prevention
- Conduct risk assessment during planning stages of Justworks’ events and makes risk-based recommendation of appropriate protections needed
- Monitor compliance to policies and adherence to local laws
- Lead fire safety initiative i.e. ensure fire safety personnel is up to date, lead evacuation drills, ensure fire extinguishers are properly placed, inspected and functional
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience as senior security and or health & safety officer in a corporate setting
- CPR/First Aid Certified or have been in the last two years
- Degree in safety management or relevant field. OSHA Certification and/or law enforcement background a plus
- Ability to produce reports and relevant policies
- Knowledge of risk assessment process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.
Want to learn more about Justworks? Visit Justworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Canopy, Canopy HQ
Director of Recruiting - Products and Technology
Okta, San Francisco, CA, United States, San Jose, CA, United States
Field Marketing Manager
Knotel, Knotel Berlin
Front End Web Development Instructor (Part Time)
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Talent Acquisition Manager, Technology
TripleLift, New York
Content Strategy Lead
Dalia Research, Berlin