Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Payroll Tax Specialist joining our growing team you will be responsible for accurately paying and remitting withholding and unemployment taxes. You love learning new software and are interested in learning more about payroll tax at a PEO. This role requires patience, determination, and excellent people skills as you work cross-functionally to solve tax issues as well as communicate with local, state, and federal agencies.
What you'll do
- Manage daily file uploads and electronic payments of payroll taxes
- Assist with quarterly, monthly and annual payroll tax filings across all local, state, and federal jurisdictions
- Review our payroll tax system data on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of customer data and coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Resolve payroll tax inquiries/issues generated by our Customer Success team adhering to established service level agreements
- Follow established procedures to respond and resolve local, federal and/or state tax notices
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in accounting or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable
- Technologically savvy; comfortable utilizing multiple systems and software programs
- Payroll tax filing and/or payroll experience preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.